Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Can't Get the Cap Off!!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Can't Get the Cap Off!! posted by Dion828 November 01, 2004 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by Dion828
I just got my Lensbaby today and I can not for the life of me take off the protective cover. Not what's on the front, but the cap looking thingy that you're supposed to insert into the camera body. HElp!! Does it twist off, flip off??
Re: Can't Get the Cap Off!! posted by Craig (Admin) November 01, 2004 05:30AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Nikon or Canon?

Nikon is my assumption and if I am right try these tips:

1. make sure you are turning the cap clockwise, which is the opposite of every other thing in our lives that we have to "unscrew"

2. if you are turning the cap clockwise and it is still not coming off, try wrapping a rubber band around the body mount and another rubber band around the plastic cap then turning

3. rubber band around the metal body mount and a cloth (dry wash cloth, t-shirt, clean underwear..;-) in your hand that is gripping the plastic cap

Let me know if these don't work of if you have a Canon and I will give more tips or send you exchange info to get you another Lensbaby.

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Can't Get the Cap Off!! posted by FretNoMore November 01, 2004 05:30AM reply | quote
posted by
EDIT: Oops, too late. I'll let the images remain anyway.

The front cover is threaded, so it twists off.

The plastic cover on the back I guess depends on your camera brand but for my Canon
it twists and then lifts off just like the lens caps on my other lenses.

Hope that helps!

Post Edited (11-02-04 07:31)
Re: Can't Get the Cap Off!! posted by Dion828 November 01, 2004 05:51AM reply | quote
posted by Dion828
Thanks so much Craig. I didn't even think to turn it clockwise. It came right off. Can't wait to start shooting away!!
Re: Can't Get the Cap Off!! posted by Craig (Admin) November 01, 2004 06:44AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Dianne,

Glad you are in business!

Anders, thanks for chiming in with photos and all. Great support for another Lensbaby user.

Enjoy the day before our serene and unemotional presidential election.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today