Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 minutes ago by CatGargoyle

Re: 2E245

view post

Greetings from new user!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Greetings from new user! posted by FretNoMore October 30, 2004 05:02AM reply | quote
posted by
Hi there!

I just received my baby yesterday and have of course not really had time to come to grips with how to use it yet. I think I overdid it on the effect in these first shots, I see some really awesome pictures in the galleries here so I have some work to do to get it right. The pictures below were taken using the f/5.6 aperture ring and a wide-angle adapter. Anyway, just thought I'd say hello, hope to learn from you guys how to get the most out of this cool lens!

-Anders

"Exit (fast!) sign"

"Leaves in fall"

"Lonely ride"

Post Edited (10-31-04 06:05)
Re: Greetings from new user! posted by silversky October 30, 2004 05:16AM reply | quote
posted by
Hi there!
Nice to see you here too and your great start with your LB.
What wide-angel adapter are you using? is it the 10D or MkII?

Karin
Re: Greetings from new user! posted by FretNoMore October 30, 2004 05:32AM reply | quote
posted by
Hi Karin!

The w/a adapter is the wide/macro one, "Digital Optics .45X Conversion Lens". Camera for these picture was my MkII.

Post Edited (10-31-04 06:33)
Three more... this is fun! posted by FretNoMore October 31, 2004 01:39AM reply | quote
posted by
Second day's catch... please tell me if you think this is going in the right direction! :)

Autumn leaves

Slim peckings

Autumn pond

Post Edited (11-01-04 08:42)
Re: Greetings from new user! posted by silversky October 31, 2004 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by
Oh yes!
Especially the last one.
Give me a feeling of diving in through the scenery.
What did you use this time?

Karin
Re: Greetings from new user! posted by FretNoMore October 31, 2004 03:18AM reply | quote
posted by
Karin, same equipment as the three first shots, w/a adapter only for the third though. What I did for these new pictures was experiment a bit with a brightness/contrast adjustment layer with a layer mask. Basically I created a vignetting (or in the case of the pidgeon a diagonal) to darken the edges quite a bit. I think it works for focusing on the main subject and also takes the edge off the blurriness a bit. Makes the lighting in the pictures a bit more dramatic. Experimenting is fun, something I've done too little of lately. :)

Post Edited (11-01-04 05:57)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today