Latest Post

17 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Kids soccer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Kids soccer posted by TG-J (Admin) May 10, 2008 01:29AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

First day of the official comp, all gradings done. Being the doting dad, thought I'd do the doting dad thing , kids soccer. So on with the 1.4 coverter ,LB and LB tele bit that goes on the front. Still not quite a 300mm ,in fact nowhere near it . Any ways stopped me from getting carried away and yelling at the umpire, a great Australian tradition. May I add "being the doting dad", both boys got man of the match. One under 9's the other 12's. David Beckem watch out. Tony.
PS Autumn here and we're in a drought, thats why the grass is a funny colour.
Re: Kids soccer posted by TG-J (Admin) May 10, 2008 01:34AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Not quite normal soccer shots, not quite a normal lens. Am amazed how sharp they are where they are sharp, even pixel peeped,and they passed the pixel peeping test. tony
Re: Kids soccer posted by Craig (Admin) May 10, 2008 02:54AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Tony,

Glad you got your 1.4 converter to work.

Looks like you nailed the sweet spot on these. I am drawn to the depth of #4 with the official's hand/flag on the left.

Thanks for sharing.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Kids soccer posted by TG-J (Admin) May 10, 2008 09:28AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks Craig, Was surprised how sharp the focus point was,way beyond my expectation . Mind you if I had used my other tele infront of the lens bit, it would of been nowhere near as sharp. Good choice of tele infront of the lens bit Craig.I love these technical terms. When's the 300mm LB coming. LOL. Tony.
Re: Kids soccer posted by shurla5 May 10, 2008 11:35AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

These are great.

Shurla
Re: Kids soccer posted by RichB May 10, 2008 11:38AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Love that action shot #2 behind the net.

Rich
Re: Kids soccer posted by TG-J (Admin) May 10, 2008 06:58PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks Shurla ,Ta Rich,that one got through. Poor Xander ,he gets so down on himself when shots get through, even tho he is dwarfed by the goals. Tony.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today