Lensbaby Studio Forums

 

A Springtime Walk in the Park

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 01, 2008 10:44AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

It is amazing how the Lensbaby (LBO in this case, with +10 and +4 macros) let's us see the world in a way we've never tried to see it before -- increasing the power of our sense of sight and of colors previously unnoticed.
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 01, 2008 10:45AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

... some more ...
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 01, 2008 10:46AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

... the last ones ...
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by CMH May 01, 2008 11:01AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

beautiful, rich. these really made me smile. especially because we had snow today. ;-) all are wonderful, but i like #2 and #3 the best... cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by Darrell Marquette May 01, 2008 12:43PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Glad to see you are out walking around. I like all of them but no. 8 is my favorite probably because of the vertical composition.
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by alanS May 01, 2008 10:10PM reply | quote
posted by alanS

Hi RICHB!

This is what I love shooting the most These are really wonderful Images, with I think No's 1,7 & 8 just having the edge for me. Just wondered what aperture you are using as shooting close up severly limits the DOF There's also some finely recorded detail captured on your Images, So wondered if a Tripod was used.
Anyway, Once again, Really enjoyed these! Keep them Coming!

Regards.

Alan.
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by tominboston May 01, 2008 11:45PM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

Rich,

Nice series. Funny how spring seems to stir everyone's creativity. I think I like #2 the best, however all are nice.

Tom
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by shurla5 May 02, 2008 12:22AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Hi Rich,

I am partial to #8. They make me feel good, they are all so pretty. I love
spring and all the pretty flowers popping up everywhere.

Shurla
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 02, 2008 02:44AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Cindy, Darrell, Alan, Tom, and Shurla -- Thank you for taking time to comment and for being so kind!

Cindy -- Hope that you are OK following the snow. I have heard on the news it was quite a storm!

Tom - These pictures were all taken with f/5.6 typically between 1/60 1/100 second. I did not use a tripod. In fact I was literally lying on the ground for all of these shots, as the flowers were typically not more than 6 inches from the ground. My elbows on the ground served as a sort of tripod to steady the camera.

Have a great day! :)

Rich
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by tominboston May 02, 2008 03:13AM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

>
> Tom - These pictures were all taken with f/5.6
> typically between 1/60 1/100 second. I did not
> use a tripod. In fact I was literally lying on
> the ground for all of these shots, as the flowers
> were typically not more than 6 inches from the
> ground. My elbows on the ground served as a sort
> of tripod to steady the camera.
>

Sounds like this was more of a springtime "crawl" in the park. ;^)

Tom
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by MattW May 02, 2008 04:31AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Hi Rich, beautiful collection of images, I particularly like #8 with the way you have caught the curves.

Matthew
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by MattW May 02, 2008 04:31AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Hi Rich, beautiful collection of images, I particularly like #8 with the way you have caught the curves.

Matthew
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 02, 2008 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks, Matthew; yes the curves in #8 were a pleasant surprise for me too. Thank you for looking at taking the time to comment. It is appreciated!

Rich
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by ScottM May 02, 2008 10:16AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

very nice Rich. 1 and 8 are my favorites.
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by BearWoodsDavid May 02, 2008 11:20AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Hey Rich,
Awesome stuff. I come from an illustrating background and I am drawn to numbers 1,2,8 because of the stems and leading lines it creates. Thanks for letting us enjoy the images.
David
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 02, 2008 07:54PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thank you, David. Amd a special thanks for sharing the reasoning behind the fact that you are drawn to 1, 2, and 8 via your illustrating background.

Rich
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by halesr May 17, 2008 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by halesr

Really like your point of view on hopkins8.jpb. Very nice.--Rene

**Quote**
I've never taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse.
~ Diane Arbus
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by Ol' Don May 17, 2008 12:13PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Number 1 is a real keeper. Outstanding.

But I really like them all. thanks so much for sharing these.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: A Springtime Walk in the Park posted by RichB May 17, 2008 09:14PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thank you Don for your very kind remarks. I appreciate them. Have a good day.

Rich

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today