Latest Post

4 hours ago by PBlais

Re: New Guy Checking In

view post

Oh Chamelia

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Oh Chamelia posted by TG-J (Admin) April 22, 2008 12:16PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Haven't shot any flowers for ages , needed a flower fix. Hadn't had much luck with Chamelias in the past. Walked out the front door yesterday and there they were. So lets try again ,I thought . For some reason I think to maintain the fragility of these flower you have to put them out of focus. Tony.
Re: Oh Chamelia posted by Kath April 23, 2008 08:08PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Beauties, Tony!

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Oh Chamelia posted by TG-J (Admin) April 24, 2008 01:29AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi Kathleen, Thanks. I tried something a little different ,lens wise. I put a kodak ektanar 2x tele lens in front of .7 diopter lens. If you can find one of those lenses they have a really nice color fidelity and softness to them.In fact after taking that shot I thought "what a great portrait set up with a smaller diopter."
Was home alone, so to try it, unfortunately old man spencer had to do the sitting, but he just wouldn't sit. Regards Tony.
Re: Oh Chamelia posted by Crabcakes April 24, 2008 01:34AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Lovely impressionistic bots Tony. One of my favorite aspects of the LB is that soft feel you can get by focusing just short of the subject--esp. at f2.8 or f2

Nicely done.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Oh Chamelia posted by TG-J (Admin) April 24, 2008 01:44AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks Barnett, I totally agree with you , Unfortunately I have a Nikon and more often than not it seems to Backfocus. But Nikons do that. LOL. Tony.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today