Lensbaby Studio Forums

a little weekend relaxation

Newer Topic | Older Topic

a little weekend relaxation posted by CMH April 13, 2008 11:27PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

the mister and i discovered a delightful restaurant, Encore, adjacent to our favorite bookstore, The Tattered Cover, in Denver. it is in a renovated portion of the classic Lowenstein Theatre. very cool place.

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by CMH April 13, 2008 11:32PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

and couple more...

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by CMH April 13, 2008 11:33PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

the mister's beer and the very yummy fries (with some strange and mysterious and zingy) sauce.
thanks for stopping by.

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by Ol' Don April 14, 2008 01:34AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

So nice.

I really like the off-center wine glass. (third in the second post).

I would be afraid to start shooting in a restaurant. Glad they understood.
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by CMH April 14, 2008 02:15AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

thanks, ol'don. you never know about restaurants; some are fine with it, some aren't. i try to be discreet (which with an LB is hard because they are such an attention magnet) - and never have people (unless i know them) in the frame. usually i'll just keep shooting until someone says to stop. :) if they don't say stop, i figure they don't mind. :)
having said that, don't try to shoot in Whole Foods or Starbuck's. ;-)

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by MattW April 14, 2008 04:34AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

That's a fine looking restaurant, Cindi. I really like the two wine glasses, the refraction works really well.

Matthew
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by chichichar April 14, 2008 04:43AM reply | quote
posted by chichichar

#4 and #5 are my fav. It's like the pictures you can see in the food & restaurant magazines, they just make you wanna go there :D
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by tominboston April 14, 2008 05:32AM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

Nice shots for existing light. The fries shot is very nicely done. I always over light food shots in the studio -- I think I'm going to try backing off the lighting a bit and go for the warmer look you have captured here. I also like the wine glass shot. Any reason for the ultra-tight crop? I wonder if it might be a little better to let us see the whole glass (i.e., the sides and the rim).

Tom
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by babuci April 14, 2008 08:37AM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Thnx Cindy, now I am hungry and thirsty. The glass pictures are perfect, has a wonderful color to it and the LB mood.

Tunde
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by thebarefootphotographer April 14, 2008 10:44AM reply | quote
I love the wine glass shots!

Donna
www.thebarefootphotographer.com
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by rjcolby April 14, 2008 02:41PM reply | quote
posted by rjcolby

Some nice touches here. I like the menu with eye glasses supplied. The lamp reflection is interesting, the view through the larger wine glass is neat, and the other wine glass is an excellent composition. The fries look very tasty.
The Food... The Wine... The Bookstore... The Lensbaby... Sums up nearly all my major weaknesses.

Dick
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by CMH April 14, 2008 11:46PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

thanks everyone! dick - my vices/loves, too - wine, food, bookstores (especially this classic one!) and photography! :)
tom - the reason for the tight crop on the wine glass? that's as far away as i could get from my barstool w/out standing up and drawing a lot of attention to what i was doing! ;-) i posted a photo below of another full wine glass shot taken where i had a little more freedom to play w/the shot. :)

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2008 11:54PM by CMH.
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by Ta April 14, 2008 11:50PM reply | quote
posted by Ta

Encore...indeed!

The fries look really really crispy with the melt cheese...Yum!!!!
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by CMH April 14, 2008 11:53PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

tom - here's a full wine glass shot i took last fall at the bellagio in vegas. it was a bit harder to focus as i was using the wide angle adapter.

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by tominboston April 15, 2008 03:50AM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

CMH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> tom - the reason for the tight crop on the wine
> glass? that's as far away as i could get from my
> barstool w/out standing up and drawing a lot of
> attention to what i was doing! ;-) i posted a
> photo below of another full wine glass shot taken
> where i had a little more freedom to play w/the
> shot. :)

Well we wouldn't want you to fall off your barstool and get hurt! :^)
I like the close-up shot. I was suggesting backing out the crop just a bit -- just enough to reveal the sides of the glass and maybe the rim.

Tom
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by MattW April 15, 2008 03:57AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

CMH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tom - here's a full wine glass shot i took last
> fall at the bellagio in vegas. it was a bit
> harder to focus as i was using the wide angle
> adapter.

Of course, the macro adapter :)

Matthew
Re: a little weekend relaxation posted by David Morel April 15, 2008 04:40AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Excellent shots as usual! :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today