Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

Newbie w/ 2.0 & Oly E-510

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Newbie w/ 2.0 & Oly E-510 posted by JAMIE H. April 12, 2008 11:46PM reply | quote
posted by JAMIE H.

I am so excited about this lens. I just got it 4 days ago and these are some of my very first shots. I love to take pictures of my son and flowers. Curious if anyone has anyone has suggestions for me. I am a serious amatuer who likes to play and would love any advice from the experts!
Re: Newbie w/ 2.0 & Oly E-510 posted by CMH April 15, 2008 01:50AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

well i'm absolutely no expert, but i love these! those blue flowers are fantastic and your son - omgosh, what a perfect subject (lucky you)! from what i can see and know - you're doing everything right!
welcome to the LB family!!
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Newbie w/ 2.0 & Oly E-510 posted by David Morel April 15, 2008 04:43AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

I think the key to taking good photos with the Lensbaby is to take a good photo to start with! Normal rules of composition and exposure still apply. Sure, you can get away with some rule breaking with the LB's because of their unique results.

Take your flowers for example, lensbaby or not, that is a nice photo. A tighter crop my add to the presentation, but that is subjective.

Keep shooting and sharing!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Newbie w/ 2.0 & Oly E-510 posted by Ol' Don April 15, 2008 10:08AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Your shots are just fine! Especially of your son.

ONe of the first things I did when I started using my lensbaby was to order the macro kit. ($33!)

What a blast to do macro and lensbaby!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Newbie w/ 2.0 & Oly E-510 posted by JAMIE H. April 15, 2008 12:48PM reply | quote
posted by JAMIE H.

Thank you Everyone for your comments and I truly appreciate the feedback! For fun I took my LB with me tonight for my son's bath. Man do babies ever move fast when you are trying to concentrate on finding that sweet spot. We has a lot of fun though!

Jamie

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today