Latest Post

8 hours ago by strelar

The Scream

view post

a few gripes.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

a few gripes. posted by punkybrusr October 27, 2004 12:31AM reply | quote
posted by
hey everyone. i dont know if anyone else is experienceing what im going through. although my photos look awesome with my new lensbaby, i have some problems with it.
1. it has gotten stuck on my camera. i have a nikon. and unlike most camera lenses, the lens baby doesnt have a safety stop. so instead of clicking into place, the lens has gotten stuck.

2. i have no light meter. so now i have to cary around two cameras to meter off my pictures. i may as well be using my holga instead.

has any one else experienced anything like this?????
Re: a few gripes. posted by Craig (Admin) October 27, 2004 01:45AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Punky,

What camera has your Nikon gotten stuck on? Were you able to remove it? We will take care of the problem if you were unable to remove it.

Glad you are making photos that look awesome in spite of the metering issues with your camera body.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: a few gripes. posted by MarkT October 27, 2004 02:52AM reply | quote
posted by MarkT

Hi all,

I had a similar (or exactly the same) problem a day after I got my LB. I attached the LB to my Nikon TC-201 2x teleconverter and when I tried to remove it I over-rotated it and it got stuck. Seems like there the notch in the LB, that is where the locking (retractable) pin on the TC-201 fits, also accepts a second little (non-retractable) pin on the TC-201, if over rotated. I hope the attached photos are clearer than my written explanation...

After a little work with a slip-wrench (note the scrathes on the LB...sigh) and a jewellers' screwdriver (to get the smaller pin to retract, I got it off.

My Nikon FE2 body does not have this second, smaller pin, so it has never happened on the body. The FE2, by-the-way, meters like a dream with the LB, and is my primary body. I'm slowly getting used to using the LB on my Fuji S2 when I'm in the studio with metered flash.

Everything still works, but thanks to punky, others can be warned of this issue.

Mark
Re: a few gripes. posted by Craig (Admin) October 27, 2004 04:15AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Mark,

So sorry your Lensbaby got stuck on your teleconverter.

I'm glad to know that you have had this problem so we can take care of it. This has proved to be a rare issue of compatibility with a couple older Nikon bodies and some older teleconverters with the AIS sensing pin. Current versions of Lensbabies for Nikon mount have resolved this issue that will not occur with current Nikon mount teleconverters or bodies.

We need to replace your mount.

Please contact kirsten@lensbabies.com for replacement instructions.

Have a beautiful day.

-Craig

Post Edited (10-28-04 15:06)

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: a few gripes. posted by punkybrusr October 27, 2004 06:57AM reply | quote
posted by
hey thanks for replying and being so attentive Craig. and thanks MarkT it worked like a charm. the lens is off yay! im back to almost lovin' my lensbaby.
thanks again all (and ill be a wee more careful putting then lens on next time)
erin
Re: a few gripes. posted by MarkT October 27, 2004 10:06AM reply | quote
posted by MarkT

Hey Erin, thank you for raising the issue.

And Craig, many thanks for the amazing customer support! Kirsten has already sent me the info I need to fix my problem. Kudos to your entire team!

I couldn't help but submit yet another lensbaby photo: The LB, my Nikon FE2 and a couple of willing raku potters made for a fun afternoon. They loved the images - thanks Craig.

Mark

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today