Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB March 27, 2008 10:21PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Hope that you haven't already seen enough tulips ... saw this color at the local grocery store floral area ... couldn't resist!

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 10:33PM by RichB.
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by CMH March 27, 2008 10:40PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

you're right - the color!!! o my. #1 is absolutely outstanding. love the soft composition.
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by tominboston March 27, 2008 11:33PM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

I like the red tulips against the red background. I would have been concerned the flowers might have gotten lost in the background, but there's just enough contrast to make it work.

Tom
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB March 28, 2008 04:26AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks, Cindy and Tom ...

Cindy -- #1 was taken with an LBO without any aperture rings. With even the largest aperture ring, I lost the soft effect altogether.

Tom -- this shot is one of those accidents that turned out nicely. I didn't like the shot until I removed all of the aperture rings and got the soft effect. I really liked how the flowers softly blended into the red background. :)

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 04:27AM by RichB.
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by Ol' Don March 29, 2008 06:19AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

These are terrific.

I initially liked number two the most, but the more I looked, the more I liked number 1.

Thanks for sharing your tip on using no Aperture ring. I had not thought of that yet. Nice shots. Thanks for sharing.
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB March 29, 2008 11:23PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks, Don, for your very kind comments. I had the same experience after taking the two shots. #1 does grow on one quickly! I have recently mounted and framed it for my wife. Looks nice framed as well -- kind of painterly on the wall!

Rich
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by MattW March 30, 2008 03:28AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

I can see why you like number 1, it is my favourite of the two. I was also a little worried about the pink background, but looking at the larger image it worked really well.

Matthew
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by Darrell Marquette March 30, 2008 08:36AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Rich, every time I look at that first one, I keep thinking that it can't be a photograph. It looks so much like a painting. I can see why you printed and framed it.
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by digitalDee March 30, 2008 08:43AM reply | quote
posted by digitalDee
CMH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you're right - the color!!! o my. #1 is
> absolutely outstanding. love the soft
> composition.
> cindi

Absolutely!!

The first is the best. I really like the colors and the subject

Bye
Dario
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB March 30, 2008 09:00PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thank you for looking and for your comments, Matthew, Darrell, and Dario. Have a great day!

Rich
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by quailman.com March 31, 2008 05:41AM reply | quote
posted by quailman.com

Rich the first thing I was going to say is "yours are blooming already"? well since you purchased these I can settle down. Nice images friend. My outdoor plants are not far behind, Jeff
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by rjcolby March 31, 2008 03:41PM reply | quote
posted by rjcolby

#1 is my favorite, even though it seems it should be wrong, "by the book". Looks as if they can hold their own against any color BG. This one focuses us more on the paler edges of the petals. Good choice.

Dick
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB April 01, 2008 02:21AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Dick,

Thanks for your comments. I agree that our attention is drawn to the paler edges of the tulip petals. Sometimes our experiments with the LBO and background bring pleasant surprises!

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 03:19AM by RichB.
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by rannestad April 01, 2008 03:17AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

You are right about the color. It's beautiful. Love your composition and choice of bg color too, especially in no1

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB April 01, 2008 05:25AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bjorn,

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate hearing from one of my favorite experts!

Rich
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by ndroo April 02, 2008 06:26PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Love the one on the left more. Very beautifully done.

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by shurla5 April 02, 2008 09:13PM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Those are so pretty, between you and Cindi, I don't believe I can see any better bot pictures.

Shurla
Re: More Tulips ... yes, tulip time ... posted by RichB April 03, 2008 09:06AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Shurla,

Thank you so much for your very kind comment. To be mentioned in the same sentence as Cindy is really an honor -- her work is so marvelous!

Rich

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today