Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by jffoto

On the other side

view post

Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by tominboston March 27, 2008 03:59AM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

I had a little time this afternoon to take a quick drive through Mt. Auburn Cemetery. Still a little too early for flowers/flowering trees. But I kind of liked these shots.

Tom
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by essablue March 27, 2008 04:16AM reply | quote
posted by essablue

Tom, # 2 is stunning, I can't stop looking at it! Great shot!

Kelly
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by RichB March 27, 2008 05:03AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Tom,

#3 is powerful. Fills one with emotion.

Rich
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by BlackDog's March 27, 2008 05:07AM reply | quote
posted by BlackDog's

Wow, very nice. I really like #2
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by CMH March 27, 2008 09:26AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

classic and stunning architecture as one can only find on the east coast - beautiful.
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by jean-luc March 27, 2008 04:51PM reply | quote
posted by jean-luc

The second image is splendid! Would be perfect for an aging treatment!

Jean-Luc

[www.pbase.com]
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by tominboston March 27, 2008 11:21PM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

Thanks Rich, Kelly, Cindi, Blackdog's and Jean-Luc for your kind comments.

Rich, #3 spoke to me too. In addition to the historic element of Mt. Auburn Cemetery (e.g. it's the burial site for historic figures such as Oliver Wendell Holmes, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and Mary Baker Eddy) it remains an active cemetery with burials continuing today. #3 really speaks to the more recent memories of individuals rather than the tourist attraction part of the cemetery.

Jean-Luc, you're probably right. Gothic architecture really demands some grunge for added mood. I tried an aged version.

Tom
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by robertastone March 29, 2008 08:46AM reply | quote
posted by robertastone

Hi Tom,

I was actually in Forest Hils Cemetary at the same time that you were in Mt Auburn, taking my first lensbabies shots. These are my first tries. I'm looking forward to experimenting more with the lens.

robertastone

Roberta
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by Ol' Don March 29, 2008 01:04PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Tom and Robert.....

If I may ask. What aperture are you using for these nice shots? thanks for any advice.

Ol' Don
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by robertastone March 29, 2008 10:02PM reply | quote
posted by robertastone

Hi all,

I think that it was the 3.4 - the first lend ring that came with the lens as shipped. It is a Lensbabies original. I'm not near my gear now so I can't check. That was my first time out and I have yet to try other apertures.

Roberta
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by tominboston March 29, 2008 11:45PM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

Ol' Don Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom and Robert.....
>
> If I may ask. What aperture are you using for
> these nice shots? thanks for any advice.
>
> Ol' Don

Dom,

I was using the f/2.8 disk with a Lensbaby2.0 on a Canon 1Ds Mark III.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 11:56PM by tominboston.
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by tominboston March 30, 2008 12:01AM reply | quote
posted by tominboston

Roberta,

Great minds think alike! I like the angel shot. Is that out of the camera or did you add a blue and/or cooling filter in PS to get that effect?

Tom
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by MattW March 30, 2008 12:49AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Hi Tom, I like #2 and also it's aging treatment. robertstone, I alos like the blue angel. Very nice effect.

Matthew
Re: Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge MA posted by robertastone March 30, 2008 04:35AM reply | quote
posted by robertastone

I actually started shooting with my white balance on "incandescent" from some indoor shots previously, and the photos came out with an eerie blue cast. Being in a cemetary, I decided to continue shooting with it like that - sometimes serendipity is the correct way to go. Here are a few more shots.

I use a Nikon D40x.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today