Lensbaby Studio Forums

Rockin' with the Rocket Girl

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 24, 2008 02:13PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Seeing the Rocket Girl with my own eyeballs... was a sure treat

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 24, 2008 02:14PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

With three trips to Vegas a year it was great to get out there and shoot something different!

Kirsten Hunter

Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 24, 2008 02:53PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

According to legend when Rocket Girls fall to Earth you must photograph them. They are so rare, no-one would believe you saw one. You must have photographic evidence.

Kirsten Hunter

Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 24, 2008 02:57PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

The costume was great thanks to Lisa and the Rocket Girl...

Kirsten Hunter

Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 24, 2008 02:58PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Viva Las Vegas, the Rocket Girl and Lisa Smith

Kirsten Hunter

Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by jean-luc March 25, 2008 12:39AM reply | quote
posted by jean-luc

Great pictures! Must be difficult at night...Nice model and costume.

Jean-Luc

[www.pbase.com]
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Keri (Admin) March 25, 2008 02:29AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Love the last one - that is hilarious. :)
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by LSmith March 26, 2008 04:04AM reply | quote
posted by LSmith

I have been fortunate enough to see 2 Rocket Girls and a Rocket man (I'll post him later) I think the 2nd one must have abducted me or something...my memory is foggy of everything that must have happened in the space craft. Just bizarre!
anyway...here are some images I managed to capture.

Embrace Randomness!
[www.lisasmithstudios.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 04:21AM by LSmith.
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by pkk March 26, 2008 07:02AM reply | quote
posted by pkk

Please give us some more info about these creations.
Is it an american myth or what?

The rockets we europeans launch stay in space.. Neither rocket girls or -men drop down here..

Please tell us more

Peter
(both feet on the ground)
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 26, 2008 07:37AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Peter,

As they stay in the States, "Keep your feet on the ground and reach for the stars."
Rocket Girl is our myth that we created and the people in Vegas that witnessed her now believe. She is a creation of the wild imagination of Lisa Smith.

Kirsten Hunter

Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by rocketgirl March 26, 2008 08:26AM reply | quote
posted by rocketgirl
A-M-a-Zing! I guess it was a good thing I ran out of fuel and had to land on earth afterall. Thanks for documenting this once in a lifetime occurrence! I'll be sure to give you a heads up if another rocketgirl decides to visit earth.

May your jet packs always be fueled up....and your lensbaby always be handy.

Rocketgirl
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by rocketgirl March 26, 2008 08:27AM reply | quote
posted by rocketgirl
Everyone thank Lisa! She's lucky that I'm as gullible as I am, and she figured out just how to reel me in slowly. One detail at a time.... starting out with FLY-ing around the strip with a "REAL" jet pack. You clever, clever girl you. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 08:36AM by rocketgirl.
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by LSmith March 31, 2008 09:15PM reply | quote
posted by LSmith

I'll keep adding as I have time... can't sleep so here's a few.

Embrace Randomness!
[www.lisasmithstudios.com]
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by TG-J (Admin) April 01, 2008 12:01AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

As far as I know the original Rocket Man was a POM. How in hell did his siblings find there way to Vegas, poor misguided souls. Obviously like moths to a light.
Looks like it was a lot of fun, Tony.
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by Kath April 01, 2008 09:01AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

These are just great! Sure makes me wish I had been there! Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Rockin' with the Rocket Girl posted by ndroo April 02, 2008 06:25PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Aha! So it's your photos in the LB ad in my webbie! Love em all! Great work!

fUzzYeYebAlls

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today