Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by MLedingham

Fisheye question

view post

Naked.... (NOT A NUDE)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Naked.... (NOT A NUDE) posted by Blake Adam November 11, 2007 08:34AM reply | quote
posted by Blake Adam
I took this last winter here in Texas... I saw this tree and started to trek through the snowy lands full of frost bite to capture it. LOL We never get snow here.... Always ice. : (

Blake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2007 08:12AM by Blake Adam.
Re: Winter Baby..... posted by Craig (Admin) November 11, 2007 12:19PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Blake,

This is a compelling image. What did you do to the color? It it a duotone? I like the feeling of mystery, almost haunted.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Winter Baby..... posted by Blake Adam November 11, 2007 01:08PM reply | quote
posted by Blake Adam
Craig, I use lightroom to convert my RAW images so I basically fooled around in there and adjusted the colors to my taste. I added vignetting to it as the last touch.

BTW- I really love how you described it. I have never looked at it liked that before. : )

Blake
Re: Winter Baby..... posted by coquelicot November 11, 2007 03:01PM reply | quote
posted by coquelicot

I share completely Craig's opinion. Your image is something like mystic.
I love this kind of image.
Congrats.
Regis.

Music & Photography
www.regisdomergue.com
www.triptyques.fr
Re: Winter Baby..... posted by craig16229 November 11, 2007 09:25PM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

Wow. original and inspiring. I don't care much for snow anymore, but now that I'm an LB shooter I'm looking forward to a little of the stuff :-)

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: Winter Baby..... posted by oliver tudoras November 12, 2007 03:30AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

very effective.....moody and sooooo gooood

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Naked.... (NOT A NUDE) posted by Va girl November 14, 2007 09:21AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

I like the feel of this image.... not what I would picture for Texas!

Pam
Re: Naked.... (NOT A NUDE) posted by CMH November 14, 2007 09:48AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

nice. my first impression was "chilling."
literally and figuratively.
really nice
Cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Naked.... (NOT A NUDE) posted by Duh_Vinci November 17, 2007 12:58AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Beautifully captured scene! So much character and feel, and the "chill" factor is very much pronounced, very well done!!!

Regards,
D
Re: Naked.... (NOT A NUDE) posted by Halima67 November 17, 2007 03:41AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

What else can I add but WOW! To me it looks like a lith photograph. Well done.
Helene

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today