Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Luca Lacche November 01, 2007 10:47PM reply | quote
posted by Luca Lacche

#29 - Lake Ashi, Japan.
#30 - Tokyo.
#31 - Bangkok.

Canon EOS 5D + Original Lensbaby @ f/2,8 (#31: LBO @ f/5,6 with wide adapter). September 2007.

Thanks for viewing.

--
Luca Lacche
[www.lucalacchephotography.net]
[lucalacche.portfolio.artlimited.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 11:02PM by Luca Lacche.
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by oliver tudoras November 02, 2007 05:08AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

Yep, like these also
#1 is simple but very effective. Like the dreamy/lose consciousness feel to it.
#3...is fantastic...great capture

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Duh_Vinci November 02, 2007 12:26PM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

All 3 are very creative, love 2nd and 3rd!

Regards,
D
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Luca Lacche November 03, 2007 01:05AM reply | quote
posted by Luca Lacche

@Ollie - Thank you very much. About the bus guy, that is what you get using the LBO plus the wide adapter for subjects like this in street photo -actually the wide adapter makes the photo results more 'unpredictable' because when you bend you're not only driving the distortion but also the blur, which is more evident at the borders of the frame (as always I'm talking about a full frame cam). So the sharper spot you get from using the LBO at a smaller aperture (ando also a bit from the wide ad) lets you enhance the part you want of the composition (in this case the bottom of the bus, the leg) in a way which is different from what you can do with the 2.0. I'd really like to try more of this 'motion blur - stopped down LBO - wide adapter bending' combination in such environments in the future.

@D - Thank you, really appreciated.

--
Luca Lacche
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by mark sadlier November 03, 2007 01:41AM reply | quote
posted by mark sadlier

very much like these shots.

#1 - for its dynamic minimalism (i have increasingly come to admire minimal images that can hold the viewers interest & it's something i'd like to explore myself).

#2 - i just like equestrian statues as a subject & your treatment of this one is very effective.

#3 - nice street scene shot at what looks like quite a low shutter speed - the barrel distortion from the wide-angle adapter is also used to nice effect here as well.

your comments about the wide angle adapter are interesteing - i use one quite a bit but find that the edges of the adapter show up far too quickly on a full frame camera when bending which can be a bit frustrating.

mark
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Luca Lacche November 03, 2007 06:45AM reply | quote
posted by Luca Lacche

@Mark - Thanks very much for the in-depth comment. I know what you're saying about the wide adapter... actually in most cases you can see the very edge of the lens -sometimes I just take it off the photo, in other cases I 'mask' it with vignetting and such. But I'm beginning to think that, especially when very visible, it could be left in the photo, like a part of it -it's style, like the wrinkled film or leaking light in holga photos as a comparison. I've only made a few tests on that subject though, and none of them posted.

--
Luca Lacche
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Halima67 November 03, 2007 11:29AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Really dig your style. Love the #2 pic. Me too I<m investigating the Holga at the mo....and find a bit frustrating the wide angle attachment on the LBO.
Helene

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Luca Lacche November 04, 2007 01:16AM reply | quote
posted by Luca Lacche

Thank you Helene. I'm talking about the Holga just as a comparison -what makes photos taken with that camera interesting is the peculiarity of the gear, the plastic lens, the fact that the film gets 'tangled', leaking light etc.. Same could be for the LBO and the accessories -we're trying to make creative stuff with gear whose features are normally considered defects (aberration, softness, distortion and more) plus, talking of photo software, we normally use it in a 'reverse' mode, to enhance those defects that software was supposed to remove.

Now the challenge in my opinion is making those defects, and that include the black border of the wide adapter, part of the style -that was mainly the subject of the 'tests'.

--
Luca Lacche
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by mark sadlier November 04, 2007 02:13AM reply | quote
posted by mark sadlier

your thoughts on the 'defects' of the wide-angle attachment are interesting Luca & sound worthwhile persuing. would like to see some of your experiments when you're ready to post them.

if i remember correctly (which i rarely do) Lisa Smith posted some shots sometime ago where the edge of the lens was included in the finished shot, i think they were from a bithday party or something like that.....

mark.
Re: Recent stuff (Asia, LBO, monochrome) posted by Luca Lacche November 04, 2007 03:55AM reply | quote
posted by Luca Lacche

@Mark - I'm not used to posting stuff that I don't consider (more or less) as a part of the 'portfolio', and I don't think any of those I made so far are worth showing. But if you look at the photo of the monk you can see, on the right bottom corner, the black edge of the lens -that actually was the inspiration motif (or necessity...) for all that heavy 'mysterious' vignetting.

--
Luca Lacche

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today