Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by Craig (Admin) November 01, 2007 09:59AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Last night I went out with my 3G, D200 and SB800 flash. The flash was acting wierd so I shot everything at f2 at 1600 iso. So glad I did.

Here are three.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Craig (Admin) November 01, 2007 10:00AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

and another three...
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Duh_Vinci November 01, 2007 10:05AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Cool shots, great use of the lens!

Regards,
D
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by trexpixx November 01, 2007 10:44AM reply | quote
posted by trexpixx

Very cool.
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by CMH November 01, 2007 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

o these are priceless. what warms my heart so is seeing such a crowd of kids trick or treating! i didn't know that still happened! the images made me smile big. :D
Cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by craig16229 November 01, 2007 11:45AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

#5 is definitely my favorite - such a mysterious look to it . .

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Craig (Admin) November 01, 2007 12:27PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Thanks D, T, C and C for taking the time to look and comment.

Cindi, We live on a very unique, fairly quiet street full of kids. They do everything together. It was fun to see our initial group of about eight kids to float in and out of different gangs of very young neighbors. Often we were looking at a dozen or more little witches, superheros and Hanna Montanas traveling as one.

So nice this year with no rain and all the dry leaves laying around.

Craig, I think that the last is my favorite too. It was really fun to be shooting at 1/4 to 2 seconds and finding surprises like this here and there among the 300+ images I took in the hour or so we were out.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by imaginit2bdaddio November 01, 2007 01:11PM reply | quote
posted by imaginit2bdaddio
These are waaaaaay cool. I love Halloween. You really caught the feel of The Night of haunting.
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Birgit November 01, 2007 08:16PM reply | quote
posted by Birgit
Wonderful "scary" Halloween images! #3 and #5 are my favourites.

Birgit
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Kath November 02, 2007 01:42AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

You really captured the spirit of the night, Craig, these are great.
Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by sam November 02, 2007 04:04AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Gorgeous images. Very well bent!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by oliver tudoras November 02, 2007 05:02AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

great stuff Craig...#5 is out of this world...a real cracker

all the best

ollie :)
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Craig (Admin) November 02, 2007 08:30AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

I just get so much of a kick out of seeing Spiderman checking out his Blues Clues candy bucket.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by crazy lisas sister November 02, 2007 08:39PM reply | quote
posted by crazy lisas sister
oops. Just found out me posting pics is a bad fo-paw (spell?) I had seen people do the same thing in the past. Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me. Your Halloween pics were the best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2007 03:01AM by crazy lisas sister.
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Halima67 November 03, 2007 11:37AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

You really capture the spirit of Halloween. Love #3 and #5.
Helene

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Va girl November 04, 2007 11:19AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

very nice.... fun and excitement captured.... #5 is special!

Pam
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by jean-luc November 04, 2007 08:28PM reply | quote
posted by jean-luc

The last one is very spooky...such a subject screems for a LB!

Jean-Luc
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Craig (Admin) November 05, 2007 02:00AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Here is an image shot just before #5 above. I think they go nicely together.

Next is a similar image, more impressionistic and more about color than #5.

Sam commented on a series I showed him from Halloween involving a courageous little lion. I combined the images and they are below as well.
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by Craig (Admin) November 05, 2007 02:04AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the kind words about my photos.

I hope that in the future we will have a place for non-Lensbaby photos to be discussed within this creative community. For now LB photos are pretty much the fare to share.

We have to get you a Lensbaby!

Looking forward to seeing LB photos from you soon.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by crazy lisas sister November 05, 2007 03:03AM reply | quote
Read my post above again. I edited it. And check out my profile. There are some lensbaby pictures on it because I got to borrow one in July. So I have used one and can't wait to have one someday.

Okay...no more posting pics all over the place (me.) Have a lovely day~
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by Craig (Admin) November 05, 2007 03:23AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Crystal,

I did see your Lensbaby photos earlier. Love the portrait of the boy from your second post and the fire hydrant too.

It is not unprecedented to post non-LB photos here but usually they are in the context of showing off something related to the Lensbaby, like someone shooting with a Lensbaby.

Have a beautiful day.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by crazy lisas sister November 05, 2007 03:46AM reply | quote
Thank you. I LOVE the lion photos. My 2 year old was a spider for Halloween. Sadly, I did not take the camera along as I wanted more hands to hold onto him.

These are great!
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch posted by dmh1218 November 05, 2007 06:24AM reply | quote
posted by dmh1218

Craig, very nice Halloween photos. I'm new to LB with the 3G and original on the way. Looking forward to sharing with all of you.
David
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by Craig (Admin) November 05, 2007 11:24PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

David,

I look forward to hearing how you like your new Lensbabies. Let us know if you need any tips for getting the focusing/exposing down.

Have a super day.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by atarisphoto November 06, 2007 04:32AM reply | quote
posted by atarisphoto
great halloween captures...i especially love the courageous little lion...you can almost guess what he is thinking in each of the photos...halloween is such a fun but confusing holiday for the little ones...peace***
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by oliver tudoras November 06, 2007 04:36AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

love the montage..so cute :)

cheers

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by Craig (Admin) November 06, 2007 12:11PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Did I forget to mention that the montage was inspired by Oliver Tudoras?

Thanks.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Spiderman, Batman and a very wicked witch (photos added) posted by ranfoto November 06, 2007 02:51PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

It's always inspiring to see Craig post his little vignettes......especially his kids and the other little ones growing up on their block .......one of my favorite uses of Bending is the series aspect ......these presented here are just great !

Is it just me or is the Bent image more then just a special effect......I really believe I see better when I Bend an image or maybe it's just part of having fun ...well it plain to see Craig was having fun.......and maybe more then those little tricksters pictured .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today