Lensbaby Studio Forums

You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?)

1 2 3 4

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by rannestad April 13, 2008 12:41AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I would like to hear more about the Catz Eye. I have wondered if I should have got one of those, but wonder if there is any help on an LB. Please explain more. Which Camera do you have? I have the Canon 350D and 40D. The 350D is not so good on manual focus.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by TG-J (Admin) April 13, 2008 12:15PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

the matte on the Katz E is definitely better but the focusing aids in the centre get in the way . Cant see the sweet spot so well. Sorta OKish when using LB wide open. But IMHO not designed for a LB. Sorry in a rush. Will try and be a little more specific later. Regards tony.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by MelBrackstone April 13, 2008 03:20PM reply | quote
posted by MelBrackstone

You know you're an addict when you keep lending your spare lensbabies out, to show people how much fun they are.

You know you're an addict when you HAVE spare lensbabies....

You know you're an addict when you have nikon and canon mount lensbabies....just in case you jump ship.

You know you're an addict when all your family know what the funny little lens is when they see it now...

This is great, I've had fun reading it all!

Mel :) In sunny Brisbane, Australia
[melbrackstone.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Unni May 27, 2008 11:19PM reply | quote
posted by Unni

…when your standard sentence to your friends is: ”Can you please hold my aperture for a second”, and they start to get used to it.

…when I am taking photos on hard mountain walks, with high puls and like a biathlon at stand, with no focuspoint as result, but still not consider to change to a regular lens.

Crabcakes,
I loved this. Just had to start it up again. Hopefully our friends here have more good ideas.

Unni
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by BearWoodsDavid May 28, 2008 04:05AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

You may be an LB addict if before you go outside you get the aperture changing tool and try to change the pupil in your eye to the f22 ring because it is too bright outside.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by crfrey71 May 28, 2008 08:25AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

When you use the lensbaby to take photos at a funeral.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by pako May 29, 2008 03:28AM reply | quote
posted by pako
When you wait for the next Adoramapix (or whaterver printing service) 11x14 sale and order ALL your keepers for print.

Pako Dominguez
----------------------
www.phototeka.net
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by vaughnsphotoart May 29, 2008 03:34AM reply | quote
posted by vaughnsphotoart
... when you want to choke someone because they assumed you used a radial blur filter in Photoshop.

=== [vaughnsphotoart.com] ===

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 03:35AM by vaughnsphotoart.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Crabcakes May 30, 2008 01:25AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

This has been SOO fun!!
I had no idea what a bendy can of worms I had opened when I started this!!
It just keeps coming back.
Great to see all the wonderful ideas--what a laugh!!

You know you're an LB addict when...
... you want to choke someone because they have the NERVE to say "You know, you could do that in Photoshop..."

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ranfoto August 20, 2008 08:36AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You know your an addict and you must remind Team Lensbaby to keep this Forum working properly or the web might melt down from "why doesn't my computer work blah blah" !

If you don't believe this.......look at the recent migration problem, no images could be posted or seen and it was a near riot of words asking what's happening !!!

Notice Sam is spending his retirement fund to upgrade this space again, please support your Lensbaby Team just because your addicted and love it :)))
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Otto Phokus August 20, 2008 11:50PM reply | quote
posted by Otto Phokus

When any thread in the MacRumors Digital Photo Forum asks for camera lens recommendations, you recommend a Lensbaby...
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Crabcakes August 21, 2008 03:33PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Wow! A sticky of my very Own!

Thanks Ran--and Thanks to you ALL for your contributions--I get a kick every time I re-read this thread--just goes to show that benders are a creative bunch--with words as well as lenses!!

TMF!! (Too Much Fun--is there such a thing?!)

Johnny Crabcakes

--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Otto Phokus August 21, 2008 10:31PM reply | quote
posted by Otto Phokus

In my travels, I even pass a Bender's Bakery, no how is that for addiction? I will have to get a shot of it next time I am in that area.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ianmak August 22, 2008 05:33PM reply | quote
posted by ianmak

You know your a lensbaby addict when....during your working day you spend most of your time dodging jobs so that you can keep up to dat with the latest postings on the lensbaby.com forum! :)
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Trav August 23, 2008 08:18PM reply | quote
posted by Trav

You know you're a lensbaby addict when you resent using your multi-thousand-dollar "boring" lenses that you were soo excited about when you brought them.

-Trav
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Trav August 23, 2008 08:19PM reply | quote
posted by Trav

You know you're a lensbaby addict when you get confused on other forums that don't take you back to the topic-page when you make a post.

-Trav
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ksuhr August 25, 2008 12:18PM reply | quote
posted by ksuhr
....you can't wait to get your first lensbaby and start posting to this thread.... it's on its way!!!
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ranfoto August 27, 2008 10:01AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Wow! A sticky of my very Own!

Thanks Ran--and Thanks to you all

Crabby: No need to thank me, I know a good sticky post when I see it, you do need to thank Team Lensbaby and that most wonderful lady of customer happiness for listening to good suggestions.......Kirsten Hunter...... and I know it on good authority that she's a bit addicted to Bending some herself :)))
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ladylake1 August 30, 2008 01:55AM reply | quote
posted by ladylake1

You know your a LB-Attict when you spend your food money and don't care, cause your LB is ALL that matters. I am a new Proud mother of a 2.0 Baby
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Crabcakes September 04, 2008 03:44AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

RanD: Absolutely!---Give credit where credit is due! Too True!

Soooo,

THANKS to the Lensbaby Team but especially to that Huntress of our Hopelessy Addicted Bliss, Kirsten. Bend On You Crazy Director!

...and Ladylake, keep the evidence of your LBAddiction comming! Very Nice.

Johnny Crabcakes

--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 03:45AM by Crabcakes.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by LSmith September 22, 2008 03:49PM reply | quote
posted by LSmith

... because you keep an exacto knife, cutting board and aperture blanks next to your keyboard so you can cut creative aperture discs while your images are processing in Lightroom ... and you know have 45+ different creative aps and that many more drawn on paper. I think I need to attend a Creative Apertures Anonymous meeting somewhere.
-Lisa

Embrace Randomness!
[www.lisasmithstudios.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by MattW September 23, 2008 03:39AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

The first thing you do when your alarm goes off at 6 am is check the new web site.

Matthew
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by schocreative September 23, 2008 07:26AM reply | quote
posted by schocreative

-you go on photo club outings and only use your lensbaby and your club members tell you "You use that lensbaby WAYYYY too much!" ;~)

“I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. There's a large out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.” Mitch Hedberg

[www.flickr.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Crabcakes September 23, 2008 05:17PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

...you're kicking yourself for spending Bucks on a Crappy Plastic Camera (that shoots FILM no less!) when you could've been saving up for some CrAppy SwOptics!!!!

Johnny Crabcakes

--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 05:18PM by Crabcakes.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by jetster September 24, 2008 09:19AM reply | quote
posted by jetster
When I'm going to have to put my newly purchased, refurbished Nikon D70s for sale on Craigslist (only 1 week old!) because I took it out with my LB 2.0, AND THE CAMERA DOES NOT METER WITH THE LENSBABY ON!!! I recently had to sell my Canon 40D, which metered perfectly with my 3G, now I'm going to have to get another Canon dslr, preferably the new Xsi, so I won't have to worry about setting shutter speed with the LB on. Maybe I'm being lazy, but it sure is nice when the camera meters with the lensbaby on! That way I can spend my time looking for cool things to photograph! That's what I get for not researching this first!!

Jetster in McKinney, TX
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by jakes November 01, 2008 12:03AM reply | quote
posted by jakes
all SONY dslrs meter with lb or pinhole plates in place-i am still waiting for my composer :)

beautiful sunny johannesburg south africa says hi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 12:05AM by jakes.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by jakes November 01, 2008 03:57PM reply | quote
posted by jakes
ps u KNOW u r an addict if u post in this forum b4 your 1st lb even arrives!! grin
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Jack Howard November 05, 2008 04:54AM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

You might suffer Lensbabitis if your wife, who isn't a hardcore photographer by any means, can now explain to the average person not only High Dynamic Range Imaging but also the underlying physics, purpose, and intended results of bending with creative aperture discs...

Your first thought upon hearing of the Nikon D90 was: 720P LENSBABY VIDEO! (stay tuned for more on this ;) )

~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Check out my new book! (2nd Edition now Available!)
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by acsphoto November 05, 2008 08:42AM reply | quote
posted by acsphoto

you know you're a LB addict when you know who's going to be on the forum at a certain time and wait for a certain person to respond to your post...even though you probably know what they're going to say

Amanda Stevens

[www.FireTheCanon.com]
[www.Flickr.com]
[www.Twitter.com]
[www.FaceBook.com]
FireTheCanon@Me.com
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ranfoto November 07, 2008 04:06AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You know you're addicted when you take the time to read these posts ......so Amanda how do you know people will be here at a certain time.......maybe you are super addicted, Yikes .....time to get yourself Composed :)) and very Amusing.
1 2 3 4

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today