Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Cats

view post

You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?)

1 2 3 4

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Craig (Admin) October 29, 2007 02:02AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

You assumed the title of "Lensbaby Addict" in no time at all if you ever had silver paint on your Lensbaby lens caps.

-Craig

p.s. the silver paint is a recent addition to our lens caps
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by craig16229 October 29, 2007 03:27AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

Craig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> p.s. the silver paint is a recent addition to our
> lens caps

Ahhh!! I have exposed myself as somewhat of an LB newbie!!

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by rannestad October 29, 2007 06:22PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

*Some days ago I saw a blurred (just out of focus, not motion blur or the like) image taken with regualar optics and thought "what a lovely blur in this image".

*Talked to another amateur photographer the other day. He had the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 on his camera. I said "lovely lens". He said he regretted that he bought it. "Why?" I said. I have the same, and I love the f2.8. He anwered "It doesn't become sharp before f5". I didn't know what to say. I really didn't know how to handle the situation. I had to switch topic. The lens is not super-sharp at f2.8. So what?, the bokeh is beautiful at f2.8.

*Craig16229 quotes "Life is too short for reading MTF charts". LBAddicts think more in relative sharpness than in absolute sharpness.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2007 06:24PM by rannestad.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ranfoto October 30, 2007 05:18AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You know you are addicted when you also have to start another Forum about the joys of Bending the aRtform......

You can't wait for Craig to build you special LB's for you, so you buy a machine shop to modify them .

You believe people are out of their minds to ever sell an "Original Lensbaby" on ebay.....so you make a bid to save it and you feel good when you see it sell for more then what Kirsten will send you one for .

You are lusting to find someone to sell you their 3G because they can't make it work ......and you talk them out of it......err' I mean they see the error of their way and keep the "G". :)))

I'm not not not addicted, just slightly Bent that's all all all all .....Oh my, should I seek help !
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by AJ October 30, 2007 04:39PM reply | quote
posted by AJ

You know......

When you see someone using a Canon DSLR and your first instinct is to grab the 3G and ask them if they've seen one......or would they like to try one. :)

You wear your LB t-shirt to every meet-up that your local Flickr group has.
Next one is Sunday and I already have my clothes picked out....and it's Monday. hehe

Your in a forest with the largest bull Moose that you've ever seen. You run back to your car, take off the 400mm lens and put on the Baby. Now you get even closer to this animal that could be on top you in 1 second and two strides......just so you can say you took a Lensbaby shot of a Moose.

These were taken with a Canon 5D and the Raynox telephoto attachment. So basically bare Baby with a cropped sensor. You can all appreciate how close I was. ;) The first shot is of the big guy, the other ones are shots of his young son. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these might be the only LB Moose shots around. Please, prove me wrong. :)

Here is a straight shot of the big fella. Huge!!!
[www.flickr.com]

Peace and Happiness
AJ

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2007 04:40PM by AJ.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by rannestad October 30, 2007 06:55PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Great AJ! Off course you got back and swapped the 400 for the lb. It's obvious.

Lovely images. You must have been so close!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2007 06:56PM by rannestad.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by craig16229 November 06, 2007 09:42PM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

you are definitely an LB addict if:

- your eye doctor's jaw is hanging open because you have just asked if it is possible to have your lasik reversed

Craig

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by lewby November 12, 2007 07:16AM reply | quote
posted by lewby

You know your an LB addict when instead of reaching for sunglasses because the sun is too bright you start dropping metal discs in to your eyes with a magnetic wand.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Crabcakes November 12, 2007 09:14AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Lovin' all the responses here!!
But, I have to say AJ's take on the LB addiction takes the cake!!
I had no idea that Brass Cajones were an optional LB accessory (apparently he got the LB3BB!!).

You know you're a LBA when...
...someone asks if you could shoot with something a little sharper and your response is "What, like a 3G?"

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2007 09:17AM by Crabcakes.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Craig (Admin) November 12, 2007 01:02PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Yes, AJ wins.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by CMH November 12, 2007 01:10PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

you know you're an LB addict when you just spent the last 10 minutes reading this and you agree with it all.
except i wouldn't sneak up on a moose with a 3G... ;-)
Cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ranfoto November 16, 2007 04:07AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You know you're in trouble when you can't remember if there was ever silver paint on any of your LB's and now there's hardly any black anodizing left in certain areas........!

And AJ's not just addicted to Bending......he IS a Crazy Bender* and that ain't NO Bull Bending .......:)))))

* and that's the Best Kind !
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by craig16229 November 16, 2007 04:30AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

[[u]AJ said:[/u] "Your in a forest with the largest bull Moose that you've everseen. . You run back to your car, take off the 400mm lens and put on the Baby. Now you get even closer to this animal that could be on top you in 1 second and two strides......just so you can say you took a Lensbaby shot of a Moose." ]

I am speculating the reason the Moose didn't charge you is because of the kinship he felt with you upon seeing the three horns proudly protruding from the front of your 3G :-)

Craig

~ Brooks Atkinson ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 04:36AM by craig16229.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by popquiz November 17, 2007 10:42AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

...when you look forward to Saturday nights for no other reason than to catch up on the forum. And its FUN!

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by LSmith December 11, 2007 08:25AM reply | quote
posted by LSmith

You know you are an addict when.... you go out and BUY odd random things soley for the purpose of photographing them with your Lensbaby.
see Holiday Photos post: [www.lensbabies.com]

Embrace Randomness!
[www.lisasmithstudios.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Eggplantorn December 11, 2007 09:23AM reply | quote
posted by Eggplantorn

You know your a LB addict when you are playing a game with your friends, and when the card comes up asking them to choose what type of photograph you (I) would be and the choices are a) landscape 2) out of focus 3) flower 4) family snapshot the ENTIRE group says OUT OF FOCUS and busts up laughing!

:) Im going to take it as a compliment! ~ L
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Jack Howard December 13, 2007 09:57AM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

You just unpack a brand-new Diana+ and immediately think that with the lens removed for Diana+ pinholing, a LB2.0, plus a little extension tube made of toilet paper roll and gaffer's tape would fit perfectly...
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by ERIKAB4 December 13, 2007 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by ERIKAB4

You know you are addicted when you constantly are finding yourself out of reflexes trying to bend your other non-LB lenses!
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Akchas January 01, 2008 05:53AM reply | quote
posted by Akchas
You know when you an LB-Addict when....
You have spent the last three days reading every post on this forum.
You have looked at every image on this site.
You ordered you LB yesterday, and are checking the tracking information every hour.
You ordered another body just for your new LB.
You have spent most of the day looking at links from this site.
You want to cancile an order for a 17-40mm 2.8 and a 50mm 1.2 because you figure you don't want them any more.( I still have to use them I am sure, but not on the new body!)
You signed up for workshops on using an LB.
You know now what bent really means.
You have done this before your LB is even here.
You want to post an image but can not make photoshop tweeks look even close, so I will wait.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by rannestad January 01, 2008 06:21AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Akhas, be careful! You're addicted even before you received your LB. I am sorry for you. You should join the Anonymous LB addicts as soon as possible. Hey, if it is impossible to cancel the order for the 50 1.2, please let me help you. I am not as addicted as you are, so I may trade the 50/1.2 for my 3G. Is that a deal? I will even pay the shipment. I will have to come over my addictions though...

I liked your post. Great one. Looking forward to seeing your images.

Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by WhereRu January 02, 2008 12:59AM reply | quote
posted by WhereRu

...you know you are an addict when you can flip through the latest photography magazine and immediately pick out the Lensbaby photos...

...you know you are an addict when you can flip through the latest photogrpahy magazine, see a Lensbaby advert, and immediately KNOW who shot it...

Lensbaby 2.0, Nikons: D200, D70s, D100
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by BKH January 03, 2008 10:33AM reply | quote
posted by BKH

As a continuation of WhereRu's thought - You know you're an LB Addict when you flip through a magazine and are disappointed because the advertisers didn't use a new LB photo this month, therefore you can't see a new photo from one of the many great LB artists!
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by popquiz January 04, 2008 10:06PM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Jeff from corporate security calls to ask "why are you risking getting caught and diciplined by sending lousy out of focus shots through company email?"

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by Sergej January 17, 2008 06:15AM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

... you decide NOT to take your camera with you on a week-long business trip to NYC and curse yourself while walking through Times Square each night for not bringing along your camera-LB combo ...
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by dmh1218 January 17, 2008 07:05AM reply | quote
posted by dmh1218

...when you (like me) buy an expensive new camera backpack to hold all of your regular glass in one place as well as make room for your new lensbabies...

...when after buying your new backpack you realize that your old belt pack has all the room you'll ever need (since it holds all the LB toys)...

...when you dream in LB blur and it seems soooo right!!

David

[treelinephoto.net]
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by craig16229 April 09, 2008 03:17AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

You know you are and LB addict when:

. . . you jump on the wireless access at the airport to post to the forum while waiting for your flight :-)

Craig

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by misty April 12, 2008 01:46PM reply | quote
posted by misty

...when you add wasabi to your soy sauce and notice swirls across the surface and think "Where's my baby, that might make a neat shot."
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by rjcolby April 12, 2008 03:16PM reply | quote
posted by rjcolby

When breakfast is burning and you take just one more Heart aperture try on the bacon bubbles. There that's not so bad... Maybe one more... Chewy eggs, but nice pictures.

Dick
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by TG-J (Admin) April 12, 2008 10:42PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

You know your an addict when you start making eyes at a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
Re: You know you're an LB-Addict when...(Challenge?) posted by TG-J (Admin) April 12, 2008 10:54PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

And when you continually find yourself abusing the Katz Eye you installed to focus all your old lenses. Now thats frustration, believe me.
1 2 3 4

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today