Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by Rob with camera June 26, 2007 09:12PM reply | quote
posted by Rob with camera

Canon 20D, Lensbaby 2.0, f2

Rob

"It comes in pints?... I'm getting one!"

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by oliver tudoras June 26, 2007 09:22PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

very mysterious ...like it ..especially #2 ...great use of the lens

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by sam June 27, 2007 01:59AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Dreamlike. Interesting use of the Lensbaby to express an artistic vision. Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by Kirsten (Admin) June 28, 2007 01:06AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Nice pair- almost spooky.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by Rob with camera June 28, 2007 12:39PM reply | quote

Thanks ollie, sam, kirsten ... we were going for a Japanese horror movie sorta look.

These are taken from a long sequence of images I shot at 5 frames/sec and then ran through imovie to create a stuttery moving picture. There were about 2500 shots in total ... I'll have to find somewhere to post the movie for people to look at ... it's pretty creepy.

Thanks again,

Rob

Rob

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by LSmith June 28, 2007 03:40PM reply | quote
posted by LSmith

whew! Very horror! She's gonna get me!
the 2nd one with the close up and the far away figure almost moves! I guess because it makes my eyes jump back and forth between them. I've been "dying" to create some stop-motion photo-movies... this sort of thing would be Soooo cool! The 2nd looks like the scene where all of the sudden the creepy woman is in your face ...much too quickly to to have walked up to you... she zoomed up to you in creepy warp-spirit speed! yikes!!

Lisa

Embrace Randomness!
[www.lisasmithstudios.com]
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by Rob with camera June 28, 2007 04:53PM reply | quote

Thanks Lisa ... really glad you saw it this way ... you actually hit the nail on the head there ... in that shot there are two images blended together and that's exactly what we did ... the figure stood for a while and slowly looked up and then was suddenly in front of the camera. Gotta find a way to post up the clips somewhere .. give it a go.

Apparently "The Corpse Bride" by Tim Burton was made using 24 Canon 1D markII's with (funnily enough) Nikon glass. But i'm pretty sure that would have been using "traditional" stop animation techniques rather than live action.

Just dial down the image size and resolution and go nuts ... make sure your battery is full though.

Cool.

Rob

Rob

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by mark4flies June 29, 2007 12:45PM reply | quote
posted by mark4flies
The first one is actually stronger. It leaves more to the imagination, and the distance from the viewer is more inviting. The second one pushes, it is so close, guarding the one in the distance.

I can see what you are trying to do with the second one bu the effect is not as strong as with the first one.
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by woofw June 29, 2007 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by woofw
there's a sinister look about the second image gr8.
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by Rob with camera July 02, 2007 06:10PM reply | quote

Thanks guys - appreciated. Thanks for the feedback.

Rob

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by pathography July 06, 2007 10:18PM reply | quote
posted by pathography

reminds me of a Japanese horror film, well done, could stare the #2 for ages
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by AJ July 11, 2007 03:32PM reply | quote
posted by AJ

Going off, Rob. The second one is going to give me nightmares, but I love it!!

Nice to see you posting a few here again. :)

Peace and Happiness
AJ

[www.flickr.com]
Re: ... and she can still be seen down at the lake ... searching ... posted by Rob with camera July 11, 2007 09:24PM reply | quote

@pathography - thanks!

@AJ - cool, glad to help a few nightmares along. Personally, I scare real easy and really don't like horror movies ... I think that helped me out with these shots. I'm also really liking wide open with the lb now ... things change.

Cool.

Rob

Rob

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today