Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

39 minutes ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

Why not just do it in Photoshop?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Why not just do it in Photoshop? posted by Craig (Admin) March 09, 2004 09:15AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

If you have bought a lensbaby, why'd you do it?

What is your draw to capturing the image with a lensbaby as opposed to capturing it with a Canon or Nikon lens and messing with the focus/color in Photoshop?

I'd love to see examples of what you have been able to do with your lensbaby with your posts (images are housed on our forums site and are easily uploaded with your post using the browse button).

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Why not just do it in Photoshop? posted by joni March 09, 2004 10:31AM reply | quote
posted by
Its more fun being out shooting with your lensbabie on camera than spending time playing with it sitting in down in my basement behind my computer.

The more I can do on camera the better!

Thanks for this awesome tool! This adds another dimension to having fun while shooting!

Joni
Re: Why not just do it in Photoshop? posted by ronnopiano March 10, 2004 09:10AM reply | quote
posted by
Simple answer, I want to be out shooting, not spend more time than necessary in front of my computer! I believe Photographers can simply be over-whelmed with processing raw files, touching up in photoshop, etc. The lensbaby enables me to capture the Magic of photography again.
Re: Why not just do it in Photoshop? posted by ronnopiano March 10, 2004 09:14AM reply | quote
posted by
I'm not sure why my photos didn't show up in my post, so I'm going to try again. Just a side note, anyone that I have shown my lensbaby to has bought one!
(OOPS! Failed again, read the notes....I'm trying to upload the wrong images! Not re-sized for the web....)
Showing off your baby posted by Craig (Admin) March 10, 2004 10:50AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Ron,

Thanks for showing off your baby. I hope they all put it to as good of use as you have.

Those detail images are powerful. The lensbaby at that distance adds some funkyness but it is hard to differentiate what is unique lensbaby blur from what is out of focus from a shallow depth of field. This subtlety makes the images more intriguing to me than standard macro shots.

While I have not done a lot of macro work with mine a lot of Lensbaby players are saying that they like the option of pulling on the lens to get it focused closer. A wide converter is another macro enhancing option as its relaxed (no pulling involved) focus is about 4 inches from the front element. I am looking for a supply of well match wide and possibly telephoto 37mm conversion lenses to offer on lensbabies.com. In the meantime the [url=http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=sonvcl0637h" target="_blank]Sony 0.6x converter[/url] is what I am using.

Have a gorgeous day.

-Craig

Post Edited (03-11-04 16:07)

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today