Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Cats

view post

my FIRST lensbaby pictures!!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by Cherilynn February 26, 2007 12:14PM reply | quote
posted by Cherilynn

First post here, and just got my lensbaby 2.0 tonight!!!!

VERY excited to get better pictures. Was getting frustrated, by not getting it absolutely precise, as my daughter especially, was fidgeting around.

Any tips on focusing?

first two: My daughter. used with f8 aperture

last two: 2.0 aperture. The "self" portrait was flipped in PS so you can read it correctly! :)

Cheri Lynn - Using LB2.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2007 12:33PM by Cherilynn.
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by gidgit February 26, 2007 12:53PM reply | quote
posted by gidgit

Great shots for your first...You are well on your way. Just takes a bit , but fun to play will.

Gidgit
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by Craig (Admin) February 26, 2007 01:31PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Cheri Lynn,

Thanks for posting these. Kids are a challenge. Sitting still and all.

Tips: use the middle finger on your right hand to compress the right center and two fingers on your left hand to give you the left and up and down movements. Keep your thumbs from both hands pressing on the back/sides of the camera to give your fingers something besides your nose to pull against. This makes the focusing process very predictable for me and I can follow fast moving subjects with ease since I can focus from 18" to infinity by compressing and bending around without changing my grip.

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by Crabcakes February 26, 2007 01:37PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hey! A fellow Alpha-shooter!
How are you liking the sony? Had mine since Sept.--got some issues but overall I'm lovin'it(can't stand the noise past iso 400!)
These are great shots--#2 is gorgeous--it's a challenge catchin' the little buggers--I've got a 16mo. old--looks like you're well on your way.
LOF

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by lazar February 26, 2007 06:57PM reply | quote
posted by lazar

Absolutely winners! No any tips. Your focusing is great. Keep them comming

Lazar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. (Albert Einstein)
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by rannestad February 26, 2007 07:09PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Beautiful. Welcome to the forum. Great start!

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by Cherilynn February 27, 2007 02:18AM reply | quote
posted by Cherilynn

Thanks all! It will just take time and practice, I'm sure...

Crabby: I got the alpha for Christmas. I was a good girl last year. :) SO far, I LOVE it. Noise at the higher ISO's... yep. but every camera has it's cons, right? thus far, I have been VERY pleased with my camera. I got the 18-200mm lens instead of the kit lens. :)

Cheri Lynn - Using LB2.0
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by RHWeiner February 27, 2007 03:12PM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

Of the 4 I like the one of your son the best...really shows the lensbaby effect. It is a bit soft unlike the first one of your daughter, but the effect is less pronounced there. Well done.

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA
My next shot!!! posted by Cherilynn March 01, 2007 03:35AM reply | quote
posted by Cherilynn

Here is my next shot....

Cheri Lynn - Using LB2.0
Re: my FIRST lensbaby pictures!! posted by Kirsten (Admin) March 01, 2007 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Peace Lily is beautiful. Welcome to the forum. The portraits are lovely. This is a great start!

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today