Latest Post

11 minutes ago by simonmmason

Re: edge 80 lens flare problems

view post

LensBuffy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LensBuffy posted by mjcmitchell September 04, 2004 05:44AM reply | quote
posted by
As promised ... the 'baby and I lurked in my local cemetery with a .42x semi-fisheye widget.

The whole necropolis here:

[homepage.ntlworld.com]

Re: LensBuffy posted by Craig (Admin) September 07, 2004 08:16PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Mark,

That's a wide converter. What camera are you using it on?

I'd like to find one that wide that does not vignette on full frame sensors/35mm film.

Subject matter and blur are great. I love #6 and #9 in your gallery. I would like to see them darker, maybe even under exposed with little or no blown highlights to add to the eeryness of a cemetery scene. Just my preference, the shots are great.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: LensBuffy posted by mjcmitchell September 07, 2004 09:59PM reply | quote
posted by
It's on an Eos 10d. Used on a 50mm on a 35mm it's kind-of circular fisheye; on an 80mm it's very wide ... no vignetting but plenty of distortion, which I generally deal with in photoshop as appropriate. Ever thought of one of the Russian very-wides -- the Zenitar 16mm, for example?

Re: LensBuffy posted by Craig (Admin) September 07, 2004 11:01PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Mark,

I use my Peleng 8mm Russian lens occasionally. A bit wide for me to pull out for more than about 5% of my jobs.

I have a couple .42x converters but have not found one that allows a Lensbaby to be tilted much without the sharp edge of the lens coming into the image on a full frame sensor which I do not use but, being the Lensbaby guy in charge of new accessories and whatnot, this is important.

Have a great one.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today