Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

A question for Holga fans

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A question for Holga fans posted by paul_g August 27, 2004 03:50PM reply | quote
posted by paul_g
In your opinion, which aperture ring setting for the Lensbaby comes closest to mimicing the results that are commonly achieved with a Holga camera?

Paul
Re: A question for Holga fans posted by Craig (Admin) August 28, 2004 12:43AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Paul,

My experience is that f5.6 is a pretty Holga-esque aperture setting. For my tastes Holga lenses are too sharp which may explain why I use the f4 aperture almost all the time these days. This puts my images more in the realm of the Diana camera which I never used.

I was ushered into this epiphany of imperfect photos that brought about the Lensbaby by a studio mate of mine, Krista Gaylor, back in 1995 or thereabouts with a stunning show of 16x16 prints all shot with one of her Diana cameras.

Different image qualities such as a curved plane (is that an oxymoron?) of focus come from a Lensbaby than a Holga so emulating a Holga is not really going to happen all that literally.

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today