Latest Post

3 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Lensbaby LM-10 now available

view post

Canon 10D question

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Canon 10D question posted by paul_g August 27, 2004 03:43PM reply | quote
posted by paul_g
I remember this question being asked but I never saw an answer. If I'm using my Canon 10D in manual mode, I know that the shutter speed setting may be trial and error (or I can meter using a hand-held meter) but should the aperture of the camera be set the same as the aperture ring that I have the Lensbaby set for? In other words, if the Lensbaby is set for f2.8, should I set my camera's aperture for f2.8 as well?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
aperture is fixed I think posted by DavidF August 27, 2004 03:58PM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

As I understand it, the lens is totally manual, so there really is not adjustment of aperture settings, aside from that "built in" to the lens.

I use Tv setting, so I can adjust the shutter speed along with whatever the fixed aperture of the lens is. However, I re-read the lenbaby booklet last night and realized that they recommend Av or Manual, not Tv mode. I'll have to try that one (and quit giving wrong advice to people).

David.

Post Edited (08-30-04 07:30)
Re: Canon 10D question posted by Guchot August 27, 2004 11:34PM reply | quote
posted by Guchot

I Have the 300D mysels but I think its the same with the 10D. When you put the Baby on your Camera, you can't choose a F-Stop at the camera anymore. In the Display you will see that the F-Stop indicator shows 0.0
The camera only meters the available Light that comes through the Lens and use this to calculate the time. In my case I mostly have to set the Exposure Compensation on -1 or even -2 to get a correct exposure.
Thats at least how I understand it and I hope its correct ;-)
Re: Canon 10D question posted by Craig (Admin) August 28, 2004 12:51AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

You should not have an aperture readout on your 10d when your Lensbaby is mounted, just a couple of dashes (or 0.0, I don't remember) where the aperture value might otherwise be.

That said, you should be able to match a +/- readout by changing you shutter speed.

Whatever aperture you have installed, the camera is reading only the amount of light entering the mirror box and metering for that.

Have a groovy one.

-Craig

P.S. I did not see you post Guchot before saying the same thing as you, thanks jumping in there.

Post Edited (08-29-04 01:57)

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Canon 10D question posted by paul_g August 28, 2004 04:36AM reply | quote
posted by paul_g
Thanks Guchot and Craig. The help is much appreciated.

Paul

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today