Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by chrysti

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Century Optics Wide Angle

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Century Optics Wide Angle posted by ivokwee August 03, 2004 04:39PM reply | quote
posted by
Can anyone confirm if the Century Precision Optics 0.55x Wide Angle Adapter can work on the lens baby? It looks very compact. It is available at e.g. B&H

[www.bhphotovideo.com]

Thanks!
Re: Century Optics Wide Angle posted by Craig (Admin) August 03, 2004 11:52PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

This lens will not work on your Lensbaby.

Only wide converters that can be zoomed through will work and the Century Optics site indicates that this lens allows limited zooming which indicates to me that it only works on camcorder lenses in their macro mode which is usually at the bottom end of the zoom range.

Most clip-on lenses will not work either as they cannot be zoomed through.

Here is a link to Raynox lenses, the bottom two are snap-ons and will not work with your Lensbaby. The top four will. The 0.3x in my tests is not as wide as it states and the .5x is wider than it states. I like the .5x and the DVR-1000 a lot. We will offer these lenses someday (Mr. Raynox distributor, please ship us our order) at slightly lower prices than B&H is selling these for. Plus we will offer the 0.65x, my favorite wide adapter as it adds a lot of effect to the edges and is super small and light, all by itself for those not interested in a telephoto option.

Have fun with your Lensbaby.

-Craig

Post Edited (08-05-04 00:52)

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today