Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by Josh-LB

Re: Macro

view post

How far spread is the LB?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by photobarb October 25, 2005 12:49PM reply | quote
posted by photobarb
I'm from Craig's neck of the woods in Portland Oregon. I have just purchased my first LB
I will send images soon
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by brodafidela October 25, 2005 10:15PM reply | quote
posted by brodafidela
heh.

So, it looks, that I'm first from Central-Estern Europe. I'm happy to inform, that LB 2.0 C/Y mounth works in POLAND in KrakÛw City.

Pawel
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Mary-Ella October 26, 2005 01:54AM reply | quote
posted by Mary-Ella

Sunny San Diego :-)
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by abennett October 26, 2005 06:08AM reply | quote
posted by abennett
Last I checked I was in Cloverdale, California in northern Sonoma county. Where "the Vineyards meet the Redwoods", and evidnetly where the LB2 meets my D1x & D70.
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by tstrauss October 26, 2005 08:12AM reply | quote
posted by tstrauss

Hi all,

I'm from Hamburg/Germany and I own a LB 2.0 since August 2005. Meanwhile I moved to Nürnberg.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 06:20AM by tstrauss.
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by ojedapaco October 26, 2005 11:34PM reply | quote
posted by ojedapaco
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my LB2, plus the macro kit, here in PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO! I just purchased them and had them shipped to a friend in California, who will be visiting me in a couple of weeks.

When it arrives, I will pair it with my Nikon D70, so it would be nice to hear from other D70 owners out there...

My "alternative process" of choice has been Polaroid Transfer for many years. However, since I moved to Mexico and with the decreasing availability of Polaroid film, I've had to find new ways to be experimental with the camera. I'm hoping that the Lensbaby will fill that gap for me.

Regards,

Paco Ojeda
Puerto Vallarta, MEXICO
[www.paco-ojeda.com]
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Patrick October 27, 2005 05:01AM reply | quote
posted by Patrick
Im from Sweden/Halmstad! =)

Cheers

Patrick J
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by chefdave October 27, 2005 11:21AM reply | quote
posted by chefdave

I am from NY 45 minutes north of Manhattan. Although I spend much of my time in Vermont (where I was introduced to the LB Thanks to Barrie Fisher). Hope to have some nice snow scapes posted soon. As 3 feet of snow was just dumped up there.
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Rob with camera October 29, 2005 02:13PM reply | quote
posted by Rob with camera

Just wondering if I have the southernmost lensbaby in the world - at least who has replied on this thread.

Picked up my baby on Friday last (28th October) and got a .45x converter for it.

This lensbaby is from Melbourne, Australia. We are now in Spring and on our way to Summer.

Lensbaby ... yeah baby!

Rob

"It comes in pints?... I'm getting one!"

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Catto October 29, 2005 03:06PM reply | quote
posted by Catto
Sorry Rob, got you beat - Wellington's south of lat. 40, you seem to be a little bit north...
[www.lib.utexas.edu]

For everyone else's interest, I've also just added a couple of animated .gifs of what it looks like to try and focus a lensbaby (2.0) through the lens(baby); check out [www.catto.co.nz] and [www.catto.co.nz] - I'm not promising to keep them on my server forever, though!

They're about 2MB each, so they might take a little time to download properly - that's why I didn't upload them here (and crash the thread for those on dialup).

(Added note - sorry, I just realised there's code on my site to prevent people from nicking images, so you might have to cut & paste those links. Give it a go, though!)
R

Robert Catto, Photographer
Seatoun, Wellington New Zealand
[www.catto.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 05:15PM by Catto.
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Rob with camera October 29, 2005 03:15PM reply | quote

Catto

Of course you are. Didn't really think about that when I was looking through the list.

Rob

Rob

"It comes in pints?... I'm getting one!"

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by dmccarty10 October 29, 2005 10:10PM reply | quote
posted by dmccarty10

Catto:

Cool animated gifs. Thanks for posting.

David McCarty
[www.hoppingfrogstudios.com]
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by decky October 30, 2005 09:18AM reply | quote
posted by decky
Hi from Indonesia-
I have been using lensbabies for about a year and cannot wait to get the makro kit.

decky
Jakarta, Indonesia
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Catto October 30, 2005 05:17PM reply | quote
posted by Catto
Thanks, David!

It makes a heck of a racket when I sit there churning through 36 frames on a 1DMkII (at 8fps) - so I'm glad someone's enjoying the end result.

I keep meaning to set it up on a tripod and do it with a fixed target and the external trigger on 'lock', to at least remove the variable of moving the camera. I'll let you know if I get 'round to it...

And no worries, Rob - you know how Kiwis get when Australians try to claim something...like the Bledisloe cup, for example. Or Russell Crowe - no, on second thought, keep him. We'll have the Bledisloe.
R!

[www.catto.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 05:19PM by Catto.
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by birdmanofdb October 31, 2005 11:37PM reply | quote
posted by birdmanofdb

Dillon Beach, California.
(about 60 miles north of San Francisco at the mouth of Tomales Bay)
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Rob with camera November 03, 2005 08:42PM reply | quote

Catto

Yeah - we also claimed the Finn brothers, Crowded House etc. I'm sure someone would organise to give Russell back ... if only someone would ask.

Rob

Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by BillieS November 07, 2005 11:34AM reply | quote
posted by BillieS
I just scanned thru the replies and didn't see another TEXAN. Can't believe that. I know some other lensbabies in Texas.

We live part of the time in Houston, Texas and the rest of the time in San Miguel de Allende, GTO, MX

Billie
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by uaeadorable November 09, 2005 02:45AM reply | quote
posted by uaeadorable
hi ..
this is the United Arab Emirates, AbuDhabi (the capital)..
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Va girl November 12, 2005 06:48AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Hello from southern Virginia.... mostly rural and lot of country folks!
Pam
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by dragonfly guy November 15, 2005 08:11AM reply | quote
posted by dragonfly guy

toronto, ontario, canada
(that's where i live & work, but i was born & raised in The Gaspe)
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Kath November 15, 2005 08:48AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

I'm on the coast of Maine. :)
Re: How far spread is the LB? (Toronto) posted by Catto November 15, 2005 04:16PM reply | quote
posted by Catto
Ahh, la tour CN. C'est bien, ca - looks like the view from my old backyard on Queen West between Spadina & Bathurst, just over from Theatre Passe Muraille...

My Lensbaby will be visiting the old country again next summer - we should have a 'disciples of the Lensbaby' meeting in TO.
R!

[www.catto.co.nz]
Re: How far spread is the LB? (Toronto) posted by GaryNH November 17, 2005 06:35AM reply | quote
posted by GaryNH
From the heart of drumlin country - Tonaghneive Norn Iron (Saintfield Northern Ireland, about 20 miles south of belfast)

I see only one other Irish person registered here - I will have to go out and spread the word...

Have a look at my pics - the hill with the tree is my back yard.

Gary H
Re: How far spread is the LB? (Toronto) posted by dmccarty10 November 17, 2005 08:29AM reply | quote
posted by dmccarty10

Actually, I believe there are quite a few native Micks in the crowd. Welcome. Nice backyard.

David McCarty
[www.hoppingfrogstudios.com]
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by uvalle November 23, 2005 02:27AM reply | quote
posted by uvalle
hi

im so happy with my lens babies 2, and i just got the macro kit!

greetings from mexico

Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by Jarle Aasland November 23, 2005 05:07PM reply | quote
posted by Jarle Aasland
Stavanger, Norway. A short flight from anywhere in the World!

Jarle
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by faloncortes November 24, 2005 12:20AM reply | quote
posted by faloncortes

Hi all

New to the world of Lensbabies.

IÂ¥m from sunny Spain, Madrid-based amateur wish-I-was-a-pro.

Shooting Nikon D-70s. Just found about Lensbabies surfing thru the Net.
Have adquired LB2, and taken my first shots.

This can become obsessive!!

FAC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2005 12:22AM by faloncortes.
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by faloncortes November 24, 2005 12:25AM reply | quote
posted by faloncortes

FORGOT TO ATTACH THE SAMPLE PICs

Hi all

New to the world of Lensbabies.

IÂ¥m from sunny Spain, Madrid-based amateur wish-I-was-a-pro.

Shooting Nikon D-70s. Just found about Lensbabies surfing thru the Net.
Have adquired LB2, and taken my first shots.

This can become obsessive!!

FAC

Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by ingvar November 24, 2005 02:02AM reply | quote
posted by ingvar
Hi Lensbaby Lovers,

I'm Ingvar from Kalmar, Sweden! Just got my own little baby and tested it in the garden yesterday. Really a great little tool that broadens your creative mind. Keep in klickin'!

Cheers! / Ingvar
Re: How far spread is the LB? posted by ingvar November 24, 2005 02:03AM reply | quote
posted by ingvar
Hi Lensbaby Lovers,

I'm Ingvar from Kalmar, Sweden! Just got my own little baby and tested it in the garden yesterday. Really a great little tool that broadens your creative mind. Keep on klickin'!

Cheers! / Ingvar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2005 02:03AM by ingvar.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today