Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

14 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

"warebaby" - LB effect with software

Newer Topic | Older Topic

"warebaby" - LB effect with software posted by MarkT July 11, 2004 06:06AM reply | quote
posted by MarkT

Tried to duplicate the lensbabies effect with software treatment of a 'normal' image. I've attached a 'before' and 'after' pair of images and I'd be interested in your comments.

After a few days of trying the LB with both digital and film equipment, I'm hooked, and most interestingly my subjects have been curious and extra-willing to pose as a result of seeing the lensbaby in action.
Re: "warebaby" - LB effect with software posted by scribe July 11, 2004 08:34AM reply | quote
posted by
Mark:

Looks like gaussian blur to me, a well-known and useful Photoshop effect. The lensbaby, it seems to me, acts differently in where and how it introduces blur. It seems to give the blur a certain *direction*, in part because the blur gets heavier and more pronouned towards the edge of the picture. Gaussian blur doesn't have that quality, and it doesn't give you the slight sense of vertigo that many people experience when they look at a lensbaby picture. Not that you couldn't duplicate the lensbaby effect in software...but this isn't quite it, to my eye. Interesting try though!
Re: "warebaby" - LB effect with software posted by MarkT July 12, 2004 08:54AM reply | quote
posted by MarkT

I know what you mean about the 'vertigo effect'... most people say they feel dizzy when first looking through the lens.

Actually only a little bluring was applied to the images. I'm experimenting with lens correction/distortion software, and off-centre masks to re-create the special lensbaby look.

It's definitely more fun with a camera and lensbaby!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today