16 hours ago by ebby62

fishing

view post

Need Help!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Need Help! posted by Jodz July 10, 2004 06:59PM reply | quote
posted by
Hi,
I just got my lensbabie today and I can't get the back lense cover off. It won't budge. Am I doing something incorrectly. The front lens cap comes off easily.
I'm dying to try the lens but I'm afraid I'll break it.
j.
Re: Need Help! posted by sam July 11, 2004 09:21AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hello Jodz,

I bet you have a Nikon. Nikon mounts have reverse threading, which means that you will unscrew the rear cap in the opposite direction from the way you would ordinarily remove a cap. In other words, as you look at the rear cap, try unscrewing in a clockwise direction.

Don't worry, you are not the first to have this problem (if this is indeed your problem). We attempted to remove this source of frustration by putting a small sticker on the front of the User Guide for Nikon lenses. Did your User Guide not have this sticker or did you just miss it? Please let us know and we will try to make the sticker harder to miss.

Sincerely,

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Need Help! posted by Craig (Admin) July 11, 2004 10:39AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Try putting a thick rubber band around the metal mount and another around the rear lens cap and, gripping each tightly in each hand, turn in the normal Nikon direction (clockwise to loosen).

There is not much you could do to damage your Lensbaby's mount but do be careful not to take a hammer or Dremmel tool to the tubing.

Hope you get to enjoy it very soon.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Need Help! posted by Jodz July 12, 2004 09:25AM reply | quote
posted by
Oh, thank you all for the answers! I should have figured that out myself - but I didn't. I'm at work right now, but first thing tonight I'll give the rubber band thing a clockwise try.
Thanks again,
j.
Re: Need Help! posted by Jodz July 12, 2004 09:28AM reply | quote
posted by
Regarding the sticker - when I started to have problems I looked for something to indicate direction in the instructions and didn't see anything. It might be a better idea to put a yellow arrow sticker with 'open' to indicate the turning direction right on the lens cover.
Thanks for the help!
j.
Re: Need Help! posted by mediahound July 12, 2004 02:31PM reply | quote
posted by
ya, i think the stock Nikon brand covers do have an arrow on them.

Re: Need Help! posted by Jodz July 12, 2004 05:45PM reply | quote
posted by
Well, I finally got the cover off and voila! it works. It's a lot of fun but I can see that I'll need practice to really start to control it better. I love it!
Thanks again for the help,
j.
Re: Need Help! posted by Craig (Admin) July 12, 2004 10:19PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Yay!

You're in business.

Have fun getting to know your Baby.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today