Newer Topic | Older Topic

someone hates the 'baby posted by jitahs June 23, 2004 09:23PM reply | quote
posted by
Great lens, but someone has issues w/it:

[www.pbase.com]

"first buy a decent camera..then learn how to take photo..Capice?"

;^)

Jim

Re: someone hates the 'baby posted by Craig (Admin) June 24, 2004 09:51PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

There's really no middle ground.

Glad you love it.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: someone hates the 'baby posted by Wismie June 25, 2004 08:40AM reply | quote
posted by
You'll get a lot of comments like this. Some people cannot understand we actually like the look of it... a shame, but that's true...
Re: someone hates the 'baby posted by laspalmas7 June 27, 2004 07:22AM reply | quote
posted by
I do a lot of shooting with a Holga (hence my attraction to the Lensbaby) -- even the occassional commercial assignment! Most people appreciate the quirkiness of the images... some definitely don't. Good shots are good shots... bad shots aren't necessarily made better with a quirky lens or camera.

That said, I really like some of your haircut shots... especially those where the blur accentuates the action (like 417_1796) or where the sweetspot draws attention to a beautiful detail, like the curl of wet hair in 418_1832. Keep shooting!!!

-AM

Post Edited (06-28-04 08:32)
Re: someone hates the 'baby posted by Sam Bennett June 28, 2004 07:33AM reply | quote
posted by
The Lensbaby goes against what I feel is an obsession with sharpness in the Digital age. I think a lot of dSLR owners can't fathom the fact that sharpness would play second fiddle to other creative decisions. I saw this with Digital Audio in the 90's, with people finally realizing there's more to recording than "clarity" - the same will happen with Digital Photography, I'm willing to bet.

Thanks again for the great product! :D

Re: someone hates the 'baby posted by DavidF July 05, 2004 07:55PM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

I just finished reading a biography of Imogen Cunningham, a fabulous photographer who was known both for her technical skill and willingness to experiment and try new things. I was struck by how much each served as a foundation for her life's work.

That said, I like my lens baby and find nothing wrong with it, but I feel I want to learn more, perfect my craft, and be able to play, but also take sharp images when that's what's needed.

In other words, I don't want to make the 'babe' a gimic that I have to fall back on because I'm not competent, but rather have it as a choice to use wisely because I am.

David.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today