Lensbaby Studio Forums

the grieving widow

Newer Topic | Older Topic

the grieving widow posted by amaoricangirl March 06, 2006 04:39AM reply | quote
posted by amaoricangirl

Here are a few from a cemetary in Washington I took yesterday while taking a walk and trying to collect my thoughts. I found it quite eerie how her emotions seemed to be mirroring some of my own feelings.

Enjoy.

:) Kara
Re: the grieving widow posted by Lorie March 06, 2006 07:04AM reply | quote
posted by Lorie

Very moody shots - I like the tones and texture.

Lorie
Re: the grieving widow posted by ranfoto March 06, 2006 08:58AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Very interesting capture, the first two provide context to the third image which to my eye is the essence of the grief........emotion, yes with good composition in the tight frame .
Re: the grieving widow posted by Eggplantorn March 06, 2006 09:01AM reply | quote
posted by Eggplantorn

I love the last one. Its got great feeling to it, you infused the stone with something extra. It must have been the moon or something. I felt like that yesterday too. You took the high road and created art. I bought a purse. Dangit! ~ L
Re: the grieving widow posted by oliver tudoras March 06, 2006 09:03AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

great moody bnw images ....love the #3

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: the grieving widow posted by Veronica March 06, 2006 02:20PM reply | quote
posted by Veronica
Wow — No. 2 almost seems real. It made me sad just looking at it. Very nice work.
Re: the grieving widow posted by MelBrackstone March 06, 2006 02:37PM reply | quote
posted by MelBrackstone

I hope you are feeling a little happier, but I like #3

Mel :) In sunny Brisbane, Australia
[melbrackstone.com]
Re: the grieving widow posted by AJ March 06, 2006 03:19PM reply | quote
posted by AJ

Lots of emotion here Kara. Well captured.

I too hope you are feeling better. Life can be tough but tomorrow is always a new day. :)

Lauren......"I bought a purse" .....classic and too funny. Really made me laugh. Hope it made Kara smile too!

Peace and Happiness
AJ

[www.flickr.com]
Re: the grieving widow posted by birdmanofdb March 07, 2006 01:17AM reply | quote
posted by birdmanofdb

powerful set of images. outstanding!

cu.

larry

"i like it when it's foggy. i get to touch a cloud." a.g.
Re: the grieving widow posted by Eggplantorn March 07, 2006 08:41AM reply | quote
posted by Eggplantorn

AJ, I actualy bought 3 purses, so Kara... if you are still feeling blue... I can send you a purse to brighten your day! ~ L
Re: the grieving widow posted by DavidF March 07, 2006 10:00AM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

Very nice. Is this Wash state or DC? They remind me a bit of this image I took in downtown Seattle: [lensbabies.com]

David
Re: the grieving widow posted by babyface March 07, 2006 11:07AM reply | quote
posted by babyface
Grief is what? Sadness...longing for what was lost...what will never be. How do the images you captured relate to your life? Whatever the issue...I hope you find some peace in your memories.

rlc
Re: the grieving widow posted by Va girl March 07, 2006 11:54AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

so much strength and emotion in your captures.... sometimes we have to feel before we can see.......
Hope today is a much brighter day and thanks for sharing with us. These are very nice photos all three.

Pam
Re: the grieving widow posted by amaoricangirl March 07, 2006 12:34PM reply | quote
posted by amaoricangirl

Wow thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes. This weekend was a bit rough for the hubby and I. We travelled to Spokane, WA tp visit his dying grandmother who was a huge part of his life. Coincidentally, she lived up the road from one of the most ornate cemetaries I had ever seen, so while I was feeling a bit overwhelmed I decided to do what I usually do for clarity, I excused myself from the family, took the camera and went in search for something to shoot.

While I was walking through the cemetary I saw her, and it just struck a chord with me, so I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the best way to shoot her, in a way that would also communicate my own feelings I was having. Its the first time I have ever come away from shooting feeling satisfied with what Ive brought back.

Thanks lb friends for all your thoughts, you have no idea how uplifting it is to have checked this and seen all the replies.

:) Kara

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today