Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by chrysti

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

red and silver dots on lens mount

Newer Topic | Older Topic

red and silver dots on lens mount posted by DavidF June 01, 2004 07:08AM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

I just picked up my lensbaby at the post office this morning on my way to work, so haven't had a chance to try it, but I noticed that there are two dots on the end of the lens that mounts to the camera: one is red and the other is silver white.

I assume that I should use the red one to mount to my Canon Digital Rebel, but do I have this correct?

thanks, David
Re: red and silver dots on lens mount posted by Craig (Admin) June 01, 2004 11:01AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

David,

Not sure about the red dot. The only red dots I have seen are on some of our rear lens caps. If you have a red dot on your metal lens mount you have a special edition Lensbaby that will be worth thousands some day.

The metalic silver dot on the mount is what you should use to line up with you camera body.

Let me know if this does not seem to correspond with what you are witnessing.

Have a fantastic day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: red and silver dots on lens mount posted by DavidF June 01, 2004 11:27AM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

I'm corrected; the red dot is on cap. What is it for?

d.
Re: red and silver dots on lens mount posted by Craig (Admin) June 09, 2004 08:29PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Red dot is to be lined up with the silver dot in the same way that the dot on your camera needs to be lined up to the silver dot on the lens. Not as critical, however as the cap will stay on in any of three orientations.

How goes your shooting experience with your Lensbaby? Would love to see some images.

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today