Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by ebby62

fishing

view post

will this work with my new lensbaby?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by billkaroly May 17, 2004 12:09AM reply | quote
posted by
2x teleconverter
[www.bhphotovideo.com]

Thanks,
Bill
Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by Craig (Admin) May 19, 2004 02:02PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Should work great.

Looks like it is out of stock, however.

We will be offering a wide (0.65x) and telephoto (1.5x) set on Lensbabies.com within a couple of weeks. I shot throughout Italy with both and feel great about the added effect that they give which compliments the Lensbaby nicely. See attached for a shot with the 0.65x.

Here is the url to the lenses at B&H (theirs are silver while ours will most likely be black) if you cannot wait: [www.bhphotovideo.com]

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by mediahound May 19, 2004 02:21PM reply | quote
posted by
interesting. what differences do you notice between this .65x one and the Sony one? i bought the Sony one but am wondering if i should also get yours when they are available...

Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by Craig (Admin) May 19, 2004 03:16PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

The Raynox is not as wide. The Sony lens matches closer to 0.5x when compared to 0.5x camcorder conversion lenses that are out there (I've tested a lot of them).

The effect on the edges is pretty close to identical with maybe a little less of the cigar shaped highlights when a point light source is present in the out of focus areas.

We looked to carry the Sony but since the black one is discontinued and the Lensbaby is black, not silver...

Plus, we're going to be able to offer two for a little bit more than one (non-discontinued) Sony 0.6x lens.

That said, of course you need to get ours too ;¨)<

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by mediahound May 19, 2004 03:25PM reply | quote
posted by
sounds great. hey, let me know when they are available, i'll be one of the first to order!

Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by billkaroly May 20, 2004 06:36AM reply | quote
posted by
Thanks. Got my Lensbaby yesterday and posted my first Photosig shot taken with it this morning. I also ordered the .6 wide Sony adapter from B&H and will be getting a teleconverter soon. So much fun.

I'd like to see a flexible metal version if it is possible. It would be nice to be able to set up the lens for longer exposures and not have to hold it in position all the time. Maybe a bellows like a mini view camera.... :)

Bill
Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by DavidF June 01, 2004 07:28AM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

Craig, do you know if these lenses you're going to carry will also work with my Canon A75 (with adapter)? I know that Canon and others make wide and tele lenses that work with the A75, but I don't know specifics.

Thanks, David
Re: will this work with my new lensbaby? posted by Craig (Admin) June 01, 2004 10:58AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

David,

They should work fine as long as you have a 37mm thread to mount them on. You can always hold one of these lenses in front of your camera's lens but, of course, it may not be lined up, which could be nice.

Any wide or telephoto adapter that will work with a Lensbaby will work with any (knock on wood) lens to make it wider or longer. Some wide converters for camcorders will not work with non-camcorder lenses. Stay away from existing clip-ons as I have not seen one that works with a Lensbaby or any non-camcorder lens.

Have a super day.

-Craig

P.S. We're waiting for our shipment of these accessories, will post here to give you the heads up that they are coming.

Heraclitus of Ephesus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today