Latest Post

16 hours ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

How to use lens with 10D?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How to use lens with 10D? posted by peterm1 May 05, 2004 07:46PM reply | quote
posted by peterm1
I am having trouble using the Lensbaby with my Canon 10D. What shooting mode should I use with it (i.e., shutter priority, etc.)? I can't seem to make most adjustments like exposure compensation, etc. (is this because it's a fixed aperture?).

Any tips on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter
Re: How to use lens with 10D? posted by Craig (Admin) May 05, 2004 08:11PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Peter,

You can use your 10D in aperture priority mode and the camera will set exposure based on the light entering the lens.

Exposure compensation may or may not work on the 10D while using your Lensbaby. I believe that when using a flash that exposure compensation will not work to adjust TTL flash metering but am not sure about ambient exposure in Av mode.

The most consistent way of setting your exposure will always be using your manual mode and setting exposure based on a test shot or two (select info to see the histogram to better judge your test shots' exposure).

Hope this helps. Let me know what works best for you.

Have a beautiful day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: How to use lens with 10D? posted by NeilCowley May 07, 2004 09:03AM reply | quote
posted by
I generally set my ambient exposure to -1 in bright situations. Normal in most other situations. Aperature priority as its much faster to react to the light.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today