Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

20 minutes ago by RichB

Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Been gone for a long time

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Been gone for a long time posted by Victoria Bell June 28, 2014 02:50AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Hello LB lovers! Haven't been on the forum for some time, Guess it's just easier to streamline with social media. Just wondering...are there any folks here who ONLY use the forum? I'd like to keep up with you.

Thanks!

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Been gone for a long time posted by Victoria Bell July 10, 2014 01:40PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Bumping this to the top, as I received no replies...

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Been gone for a long time posted by CatGargoyle July 10, 2014 07:22PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

Victoria,

I don't/won't use social media, personal reasons. Activity here has slowed quite a bit as you can tell. A number of people have stopped posting or showing up. It may have something to do with an unrelenting period of spammage. Many complained of excessive email alerts because of it. Participation started dramatically dropping off then.

I do stop by regularly, but when days/weeks go by with no activity ....

Cat
Re: Been gone for a long time posted by Victoria Bell July 11, 2014 12:37AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Thanks for the response, Cat.

I'm on FB, originally to keep tabs on what my kids were doing there, but now mostly to connect with other photogs. Even just Facebook can be a time-sucking waste, let alone all the other social media people somehow manage to keep up with. I'm afraid for our youth, who all seem to have their heads down and thumbs poised...well, plenty of oldsters too, I guess. I don't have a phone, so I'm limited to my computer, which is a good thing in many ways.

I do like to keep up with Lensbaby users, and sadly, this does not seem to be "the" place anymore. Are you on flickr?

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Been gone for a long time posted by CatGargoyle July 11, 2014 05:31AM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

No ... no Flicker. I am on Photo.Net, but that is for all images, lensbaby, regular lenses, and generated. You won't find me as CatGargoyle though, it would be Rick Bortnick. Keep stopping in here & post occasionally. It would be sad if the forum just fades away.
Re: Been gone for a long time posted by Victoria Bell July 11, 2014 06:11AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Will do, Cat/Rick. I guess I'm at fault for not being more active here.

I'll look you up.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Been gone for a long time posted by ranfoto July 13, 2014 07:38AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

In time everything changes....:(

I loved that this forum was focused on Bending, but being a Lensbaby focused forum I didn't feel it was right to share anything other then Lensbaby images .

I also took up modifying most of my Lensbaby gear over time and that wasn't something that most users would do, so I stopped posting that type of content.

Plus I pay the bills with non Bendy images so what's to share that's hasn't been done over the last decade .

AND.....most people only use their Sm-Art-y devices to image with nowdays.....social media has changed the way we communicate.....and of course Lensbaby is going in that direction too, but the sharing is not being shared here much .

The direction here should probably be more about the art form of Bending, but it's not going in that direction...snap Bending is always the more popular and that's what the SmArty devices have done to imaging....less about aRt....more about snappen this and that....and posting to Friends .

As always....Oh well....??? Maybe in the end less is more,
Post some aRt here....see how it goes ???

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today