Latest Post

3 days ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

Lensbaby and converters

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby and converters posted by Blade918 May 25, 2014 06:29AM reply | quote
posted by Blade918
Hi I'm new to this lensbaby stuff so go easy on me.

I have a composer pro for canon will it work on a micro 4/3rds camera with the relevant converter?

Also i have been given a scout body Nikon f fitment will this work with a converter on either the canon or micro 4/3rds bodies with a fisheye optic (I've heard i need macro converters when using fisheye with micro 4.3rds) ?

HELP
Re: Lensbaby and converters posted by sr patife May 25, 2014 07:52AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

Hello,

You are incorrect about needing the macro converters, what will happen is the semi circular frame will be different. Check "Full Frame vs. APS-C vs. Micro 4/3rds" at [lensbaby.com] theres some photo examples.

Regarding the converters from different company mounts, im not 100% sure, but i think yes. I hope to not mislead you, so i suggest you to contact Kirsten at customerhappiness@lensbaby.com im sure she will answer your question regarding the compatability on those mounts

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Lensbaby and converters posted by dpowersdoc July 04, 2014 02:27AM reply | quote
posted by dpowersdoc
I have the ComposerPro and three optics: Sweet35, Edge80, DoubleGlass. Also, I have the Lensbaby macro converter rings.

Is it possible also effectively to use the sort of converter rings that go between the lens mount and the camera body, such as the Kenko rings for Nikon?
Re: Lensbaby and converters posted by ranfoto July 13, 2014 07:04AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Use whatever it takes to get your camera body/sensor combination to focus.

The Lensbaby gear is optimized to work directly without adapters, but when you want to use the odd combination using adapters ...just try it.

To ball park it, first hold up the optic in front of your body, then move the optic back and forth to achieve focus, eyeball the distance needed to find focus so you have an idea if a particular adapter is what you need....use your common sense...basics are still basics .

When I'm trying out oddball Lensbaby combinations, say a Nikon mount on a micro 4/3 camera body....I use the adapter that is made for the Nikon to fit the M4/3.

I also have found the more expensive macro/helical adapters give me a close up range that is fine tuned and the cost is about the same as the Lensbaby macro adapters.

I use my LB macro adapters when all else doesn't get the job done....which is a lot with the Composer style Lensbabies.

With the older bellows style Lensbabies you had more flex to achieve focus...that's why Bellows style Babys are still popular....simple and Bendy....:)

I hope this info helps....different ways to achieve focus will also effect the way your images will look too, so it helps to try out the odd adapter now and again because you never know until you give it a go....it's all about the look anyway .....there is no one way only, there are many combinations to Bending light and many tools to play with to finding what you like .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today