Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Quality of New Fisheye vs. Old fisheye? (and what about full-frame?)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Quality of New Fisheye vs. Old fisheye? (and what about full-frame?) posted by npaust April 24, 2014 04:09AM reply | quote
posted by npaust
I've been a steady use of the 12mm fisheye in my lens baby scout. In fact, I bought the scout specifically so I could have a reasonably priced fisheye.

On my D800 though, the quality leaves a little bit to be desired... given the price, I'm not unhappy, but there's room for improvement.

So, are there any indications of whether the new lens has better image quality than the old?

Also, how big is the actual image circle? Are all of the sample images from crop sensor DSLRs? So, the image would take up ~2/3 of a full-frame image? Any chance I could see an example of an image like that?
Re: Quality of New Fisheye vs. Old fisheye? (and what about full-frame?) posted by Kirsten (Admin) May 01, 2014 06:23AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Hi there,

The optics in the new circular Fisheye are quite superior to the current Fisheye optic. It is also wider and it has a bladed aperture system built in. If you look at the images on the website by Chris Link and Hilary Freed, they were taken with full-frame cameras. The image circle on full frame is smaller- I will e-mail you some samples.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today