Latest Post

2 days ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

Fisheye and M4/3

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fisheye and M4/3 posted by alfamale February 18, 2014 10:54PM reply | quote
posted by alfamale
just got hold of a fisheye lens for my olympus pen and the results are not what i was expecting, because of the crop factor i seem to have lost the distortion i was looking for, is this correct does anyone have any good examples of what i can acheive with this set up
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by sr patife February 19, 2014 03:24AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

check [lensbaby.com] under GENERAL QUESTIONS
Q. What will my Fisheye optic image look like in my crop sensor camera?

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by alfamale February 19, 2014 05:45PM reply | quote
posted by alfamale
thanks for that site but my images dont look like the ones for crop sensor
i can hardly tell the difference between my 14mm Panasonic lens and the fisheye, will give it another go this weekend maybe try some tall buildings etc to see
im off to new york soon and wanted a lens to capture the feel of the tall buildingd
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by sr patife February 20, 2014 07:25AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

post examples. please.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by lscline February 22, 2014 03:22AM reply | quote
posted by lscline
<posted under wrong user>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 03:39AM by lscline.
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by dancingfish February 22, 2014 03:39AM reply | quote
posted by dancingfish
Note that the crop factor on M43 is 2x, as opposed to 1.5-1.6 on most crop sensor DSLRs. There isn't a representative shot for the fisheye on M43 in the FAQ. The vignette effect will not be present at all with the FOV for 2x crop factor. You'll probably see some slight barrel distortion, but the effect will not be the same. I'm hoping Lensbaby will make a fisheye optic for crop sensor cameras and especially M43. I love my Olympus OM-D with the other Lensbabies, but I bought my Scout/Fisheye with a Nikon lens mount so that I could use it with my full frame D800 and get the full effect of the fisheye, since the vignette is part of what I like about it.
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by Kirsten (Admin) February 26, 2014 01:55PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Here's some Micro Four Thirds images- some of these taken with the Fisheye [lensbaby.com]
With the 2x crop factor of those cameras there is only a little Fisheye effect since it becomes a 24 mm on those cameras.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Fisheye and M4/3 posted by ranfoto April 03, 2014 01:51PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Thanks Kirsten for posting the link to Marks 4/3rds images, wow I love the railroad track image style .

So....today I ordered a Panasonic "No Mirror" 4/3 machine, because I happen to have a 4/3 Transformer Lensbaby but no 4/3 machine to make images with....talk about getting the cart before the horse :) !

Ok so I got the Lensbaby sent to me as a Sony NEX, but of course it didn't fit and I bought it in a "lot" buyout and just discovered it didn't fit....so no problem just do some research and have some fun .

I think there is going to be some new E-products coming out soon from my soon to be PanoBaby Bender ....promises promises :) .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today