Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

Micro 4/3 version vs converter

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Micro 4/3 version vs converter posted by fsuscotsman November 07, 2013 04:54PM reply | quote
posted by fsuscotsman
Is there any real difference In using a Lensbaby with a M4/3 mount than using my Canon mount with a converter?
Re: Micro 4/3 version vs converter posted by sr patife November 07, 2013 09:47PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

the difference isnt really the Lensbaby optics, but the focal length will be different, since the M4/3 crop sensor factor is by 2 and on a Canon it will be 1 or 1.6 (depends if its a full frame DSLR or not).

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Micro 4/3 version vs converter posted by fsuscotsman November 07, 2013 09:58PM reply | quote
posted by fsuscotsman
I realize that, but is there any reason not to use my Canon mount with a converter?
Re: Micro 4/3 version vs converter posted by sr patife November 08, 2013 05:35AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hum...not sure about that, if it affects the focal distance between the sensor and the optic. email Kirsten @ customerhappiness@lensbaby.com im sure they will give you an answer. I dont know know if this has been tried before, but i guess trying doesnt do any harm, the converters a cheap. keep us updated

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Micro 4/3 version vs converter posted by picnic November 15, 2013 12:09PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I think you will be fine. I have used a number of my canon lenses with a converter on several m4/3 bodies. The converter adjusts the focal length besides allowing you to use a different mount. I use a 4/3 mount on an m4/3 with a 4/3 to m4/3 converter--bought before there was an m4/3 mount.
Re: Micro 4/3 version vs converter posted by ranfoto April 04, 2014 03:09PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

The early Transformer Lensbabys used a Focus Front with a Nikon mount....so seems any adapter that will focus on Mirrorless bodies will do the trick....you just have to test to see how it images ....

I've adapted all sorts of combinations of Lensbaby models with good results .

Since Nikons have the longest focal distance and I own lots of Nikon Babies to play with that's my choice, but I have purchased a few Pentax LB's that I adapted to alternate branded bodies.

Almost any LB that uses a bellows style focus can be adapted using "T" mounts ....in place of the LB mount that came with your LB lens . Composers need another proper LB mount to make the change work right . So as stated above find a low priced used Lensbaby to hack like a Muse, then "T" mount the Muse to adapt it .....that way you use the hacked Muse and the transformed Composer with Muse mount.....

I hope you followed all that hacking logic ....I could never just let any Lensbaby part go to waste or ever sell any beloved LB Bender just because I up or down graded different brands of camera bodies .

I'm not too sure about the up and downing part, but I figure if you're still reading you got the picture :) .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today