Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

I have several questions, most about Edge 80

Newer Topic | Older Topic

I have several questions, most about Edge 80 posted by Artificient October 12, 2013 03:38AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

I'm wondering if Edge 80 optic has an even focus or if the edges of will still blur if the lens is aimed straight on. I'm almost certain that the the standard optics will blur no matter what creating a "sweet spot" in the center. If it has an even focus, wouldn't that make the lens an actual tilt/shift lens?

I was trying to remember what that mount adapter was called that you could put in between your camera & standard lens & it would allow you to tilt/shift with any lens? I'm not seeing it in the LB store anymore. I remember they used to only have it for nikon cameras But I was wondering if they ever made any for cannon?

Also I was wondering, what's the difference between Composer Pro & the older models? I have Composer & Muse from a few years back & both have the optical swap system.

Edit: Oh ya & whats the difference between Muse & Spark?

----------
www.Artificient.DeviantArt.com

6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. The police took 8 & 10 into custody under suspicion. They figured it must have been 8 or 10 because they were right next to 9 when it happened. The police told 8 & 10 how they found 9's remains half eaten in an ally...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 05:54AM by Artificient.
Re: I have several questions, most about Edge 80 posted by sr patife October 12, 2013 08:45AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hello,

Regarding the Edge 80, if the body isnt tilted the Edge 80 works like a regular lens (also the front part of the optic extends so that you can do close ups). Contrary to the other LB optics (S35,DGO,PO,SGO), the edge 80 doesnt have a sweet spot of focus, but a slice of focus if tilted. Check the simulator for a few tryouts [lensbaby.com]

Yes the Edge 80 allows you to do tilt shift images (it just doesnt do the perspective correction that the tilt shift does, normally used in architectural photography)
check this [lensbaby.com] and this [www.lensbabylovers.info]

About the lensbaby tilt transformer, it has been discontinued (there still a few on ebay and other places). It was only available for Panasonic Lumix G Micro Series, Olympus PEN digital cameras and for Sony ? NEX cameras to use with Nikon lenses (check press release at the time of its release [lensbaby.com] )

The difference between hte Composer and the Composer Pro, besides the building materials (Composer is plastic, Pro is metal),the tilting on Pro is more "fluid" and the focus ring is a lot more smoother. The Composer has been discontinued.

Between the Muse and the Spark, the building materials are different and the Spark has a more ergonomic "finger grab" in front of the body. The Spark also comes with the Spark Optic, which is like a Double Glass Optic, but with a fixed aperture at f5.6. For more info about that kind of stuff (besides the official website) check my dedicated lensbaby website [www.lensbabylovers.info]

hope it helps, any other questions, just ask. have a nice weekend

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 08:53AM by sr patife.
Re: I have several questions, most about Edge 80 posted by Artificient October 12, 2013 09:17AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

Thanks a lot, that did help. I was looking at the refurbished section of the LB store I was considering getting a refurbished edge 80 in time or a refurbished Control Freak. Now the Control Freak is the same as the muse but your able to lock the tilt in place, right?

----------

6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. The police took 8 & 10 into custody under suspicion. They figured it must have been 8 or 10 because they were right next to 9 when it happened. The police told 8 & 10 how they found 9's remains half eaten in an ally...
Re: I have several questions, most about Edge 80 posted by sr patife October 12, 2013 09:57AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

correct, the Control Freak (also discontinued) is like a Muse, but you can lock it with the desired tilt with the three regulators.
If i were you you, i would go for the Edge80, it works great on the Composer and a very versatile lens.

Glad to help another fellow Lensbaby user.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: I have several questions, most about Edge 80 posted by Artificient October 12, 2013 10:28AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

Thanks again. I was leaning more towards the Edge 80 honestly. I mean, I already have the Muse & Composer. Now the problem is saving money for the Edge 80. I'll probably have to put it off until after x-mas. Maybe LB will even have some sort of sale if I'm lucky.

----------

Re: I have several questions, most about Edge 80 posted by sr patife October 12, 2013 11:59AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

save up, its totally worth every penny :)subscribe the Lensbaby newsletter, sometimes theres discounts or special offers on it and you know it first hand.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today