Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by PBlais

Re: Experimenting with flowers

view post

DIY Optic Swapper Vintage Zeiss Tessar

Newer Topic | Older Topic

DIY Optic Swapper Vintage Zeiss Tessar posted by ranfoto September 04, 2013 02:21PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

For work I use Nikon optics, so my Lensbaby collection has followed that general direction .

When Craig decided to release the early Tilt Transposer Lensbaby's for the small sensored mirrorless bodies, Nikon mounts were used for the Focus Front Composer part....so I figured investing in a few would be fun for making DIY adaptions .

The Nikons adaptions were great for using vintage medium format lenses, but in truth the total weight of the gear was just too heavy for my old body to tote around for fun fotos.

I had a vintage collection of rangefinder type Zeiss gear collecting dust, so I thought why not see if it could be converted to digital imaging ?

Oooops ! Could not get infinity focus on any of the Nikon DSLR's ....but wait....my mirrorless toter camera might work ?

So another chapter has opened for conversions and hacking of my old film camera bodies that were only good for
collecting dust....well actually the bodies don't get used, just the optics.....and they are really wonderful once adapted.

So far I've got prime Zeiss lenses in 35, 45, 50, 70, 85, and 118 mm plus accessories.....the sad part is that these old optics are very fragile....so you can't repair them or clean the glass inside the lens.....but even if the elements start to separate, you get very unique images and effects .

I started this project for portraiture optics that like the Lensbaby optics would be unique and fun to use !
Re: DIY Optic Swapper Vintage Zeiss Tessar posted by oliver tudoras September 18, 2013 03:11AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

you are still a explorer ;)
Allways great to see your work

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today