Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M??

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by DigItaly June 02, 2013 03:19AM reply | quote
posted by DigItaly
Hello.
i have buy the Lensbaby Muse for use with a Canon EOS M. But this doesn't work. I didn't found info about this problem.
Anyone know more about it? will it work one day?
thank you for your posts
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by Anonymous User (Moderator) June 04, 2013 12:15AM reply | quote
posted by
The Canon EOS M does not have the standard Canon EF lens mount. You will need the Canon EOS-M lens adapter to mount any standard Canon EF mount lens.

[www.adorama.com]
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by DigItaly June 04, 2013 04:44AM reply | quote
posted by DigItaly
Hello Paul (paul@lensbaby)
thank you for your feedback.
i have this adapter but i can't use the Lensbaby lenses. in the live modus i see all but i can't shoot photos.
you have some tricks for me?
greetings from Switzerland
massimo
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by ranfoto June 04, 2013 01:46PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Massimo .... does your camera have aperture priority mode or last resort ...manual mode ?

Try those settings to see if the camera shutter clicks...good luck :) .
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by DigItaly June 05, 2013 03:15AM reply | quote
posted by DigItaly
hello ranfoto.
i've tried in the Manual Mode a aperture priority mode, but nothing. the shutter dosn't clicks :(
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by Kirsten (Admin) June 05, 2013 06:51AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

I am not sure about the Canon M cameras but some of the small mirrorless cameras have a default shutter lock which you have to turn off before you use a non-electronic lens such as a Lensbaby. To disable the shutter lock look for an enable/disable shutter lock function or sometimes it's called "shoot without lens."

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by DigItaly June 05, 2013 07:19AM reply | quote
posted by DigItaly
Hello Kirsten
Thank you a lot, this was the problem.
now i can usw the Lensbaby Lenses on my EOS M
Greetings from Switzerland
Massimo
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by frmarkv September 25, 2013 01:31PM reply | quote
posted by frmarkv
Massimo, I am curious whether you were able to succeed using your lensbaby...because I did as Kirsten suggested...but it does not work.
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by frmarkv October 20, 2013 11:25AM reply | quote
posted by frmarkv
Finally, I found the answer. Under Custom Functions (C.Fn), select no. 7 (C.Fn IV): Operation/Others Release Shutter w/o lens, enable.
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by Anonymous User (Moderator) October 31, 2013 02:18AM reply | quote
posted by
I am also using my Lensbaby on my EOS M with the Meike adapter found on eBay. It works great.

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 02:19AM by Paul @Lensbaby.
Re: Lensbaby Lenses with Canon EOS M?? posted by disa December 21, 2013 04:17PM reply | quote
posted by disa
frmarkv, thank you so much for your post! now i can use my lensbaby with my canon eos m. first two days, after i got my mount adapter, i thought that it can't work... i was very sad. now i'm glad. and i want to thank you!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today