Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by barb

Re: getting started with lens baby

view post

Spark and Macro Converter?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Spark and Macro Converter? posted by ldyshashee May 12, 2013 04:29AM reply | quote
posted by ldyshashee
Hey everyone. I am getting ready to get my first Lensbaby lens (The Spark!) and was hoping to get the macro converter as well. Do those two work together? I have heard the threads don't meet up well from some people. But others say they work great together. Thoughts before I click buy would be appreciated!
Re: Spark and Macro Converter? posted by ranfoto May 12, 2013 04:35AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

If you buy the +10 and +4 close up Lensbaby lenses they will work great . The Macro tubes also have value, but with the Spark go with the close up combo optics !
Re: Spark and Macro Converter? posted by ldyshashee May 12, 2013 04:37AM reply | quote
posted by ldyshashee
Links? :)
Re: Spark and Macro Converter? posted by ranfoto May 12, 2013 02:06PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Ooops...the close up lenses were available directly from the Lensbaby webstore, but seems they now are part of a kit.

So I suggest searching for the +4 and +10 optics on ebay if you don't have an outlet that carries them near you .

Another way to go is with the 37mm to 52mm lenshade available
from Lensbaby, then purchase a set of 52mm close up optics.

Those come in +1,+2,+4, and +10 or a similar combination, ebay or wherever you can find them at a reasonable price .

Links....see the yellow section above...click products or shop for details .

Tip....you can stack optics or use single close up optics to achieve the correct perspective you desire .

Need more help, talk to Kirsten direct for customer happiness help ! She's a sweetheart for all things Lensbaby .

Happy Bending :) .
Re: Spark and Macro Converter? posted by Anonymous User (Moderator) May 14, 2013 01:07AM reply | quote
posted by
You can use the Macro converters with the Spark. That will allow you to get ~5" away.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today