13 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

focussing tips

Newer Topic | Older Topic

focussing tips posted by prabalbose May 11, 2013 05:07PM reply | quote
posted by prabalbose
hyee lensbaby users...
i am using a composer with double glass optic nikon f mount with an adapter on a canon 5d mk3 camera. i am finding focussing bit tricky. can anyone help with any tip? also using the same with edge 80 optic. its more tricky then.

thankz
Re: focussing tips posted by ranfoto May 12, 2013 04:16AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Your Nikon Composer adaption has probably maxed out the infinity focus, so it's now not letting you get proper focus.

Or maybe you were expecting a wider viewpoint then the Lensbaby is capable, either try stopping down the aperture for better sharpness across the plane of focus or get a Lensbaby with the Canon mount to see if that will solve your focus problem .

Lensbabies that use a bellows style focusing tube have back focus so you can get away with adaptions . Composers are bit more precise in their focus points between camera brands, the Canon is shorter then the Nikon....in theory you would believe an adapter would work, but in reality maybe the Composers do not adapt well ?

But....to totally confuse the issue, I have changed out Canon Composer Pros to fit my Nikons just by changing the Lensbaby original mounts....I had no problems with getting focus....the front focus mechanism allowed plenty of back focus ...so maybe a little trial and error practice using another Lensbaby will give you an answer to why your combination is so tricky to use ?
Re: focussing tips posted by TG-J (Admin) May 12, 2013 09:39PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Also apart from what Ran says , the LB does take a bit of practice. (with me it took a lot ). tony
Re: focussing tips posted by Anonymous User (Moderator) May 13, 2013 02:01AM reply | quote
posted by
1 - make sure you're viewfinder diopter is adjusted for your eyesight (or try LiveView)
2 - try starting with an aperture of f/5.6, that will make the sweet spot a little larger and easier to find
3 - start with the Composer pointed straight ahead, focus, then try a small amount of tilt to move the sweet spot around

Good luck, and post up some of your pictures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 02:05AM by Paul @Lensbaby.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today