Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by PBlais

Re: Wedding moments 2

view post

Discontinued Composer Toys ...I got some !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Discontinued Composer Toys ...I got some ! posted by ranfoto April 24, 2013 01:30PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

I recently found three sets of Composer Focus Fronts, the Tilt parts were missing that adapt them to 4/3rds camera bodies, but no problem as I adapted them to my Nikon bodies by using extension tube kits.

Since they came with a Double glass element and a Macro lens
I hacked the DG element off on my lathe so I could use the macro element as the prime lens screwed into the hacked DG focus tube. See the illustration of parts photo.

I'm having fun making creative apertures to snap specular highlight abstract aRt, besides the macro botanical studies of Spring weeds :) .

I was able to get these Focus Front at a great price, but the ebay vendor decided to raise his price after I purchased so many ....but they are still a fabulous tool so if you want one check them out before they disappear off ebay .

NO...I'm not selling "any" of the three I purchased...the ebay vendor
lists them one at a time, so you have to watch and bid accordingly ....I'm just letting you know these discontinued parts exist and they are so KooL !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 01:46PM by ranfoto.
Re: Discontinued Composer Toys ...I got some ! posted by TG-J (Admin) April 26, 2013 12:06AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Randy I luv yours hacks, Great work. Long time no C. :)tony
Re: Discontinued Composer Toys ...I got some ! posted by ranfoto May 05, 2013 04:50AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Hey Tony....thanks for the "LUV"....and an update .

Guess a few folks saw this post on the Focus Front parts available online ....sold out !

But as the world turns, I'm sure more Fronts will turn up for sale out there .

Of course I'm sure Craig is pondering the next big optic release, so it's never a dull moment on gotta' have toys to Bend with :)) .
Re: Discontinued Composer Toys ...I got some ! posted by TG-J (Admin) May 12, 2013 09:41PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Ran after reading your 1st post , I went straight to Ebay- I think they were already gone- U bought the lot ;-) tony
Re: Discontinued Composer Toys ...I got some ! posted by ranfoto May 13, 2013 09:14AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Tony I was out bid on the first listing, then got lucky on the next three listings .

Then someone woke up to the fact that maybe these Focus Fronts had some value, so the start price went to $39.95 plus some hefty shipping charges .

At this point I decided to just watch the listing and let folks know that there apparently were more for sale, well

no bids came in until I made the posting here. The word was out and the last one snapped up.....still a great deal in my opinion.....of course one would have to see their value first like I did .

Lensbabies make great imaging tools, use em' just like Craig intended or modify them like I sometimes do ...great little image makers :) .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today