Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

Edge 80 stuck in composer

1 2 3

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 22, 2013 03:27PM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Eager to start taking photos with my new edge 80 optic i might have inserted it incorrectly, or not completely, thus now i can't get it out of the composer. Since the optic is brand new i am a bit hessitant in the amount of force i apply on it to remove it. But it seems as if it has locked itself in position but without locking i the "tracks" that woud release it if pressed and turned correctly.

This is becoming a small headache and kind of bittersweet please help before i in desperation buys a new composer or accidentally breaks this in my efforts to fix things.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 22, 2013 10:44PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi tomfolly.
check this push the optic and rotate. the lensbaby swap system doesnt allow you to insert it incorrectly, so if it got it, it can be taken out. you just need to learn.

if your still in doubts, show some pictures of the optic in the composer. as i said its highly unlikely that the optic is stuck. if the optic is aligned wit the composer its definitely not stuck

hope it helps

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 11:01PM by sr patife.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 02:50AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Hi and thankyou but i am not fully convinced as i am expecting some kind f click while unlocking the optic. I could of ofcourse be mistaken about that, i am going to continue trying as i belive the optics are correctly alligned. But just to be sure i will try to ad some pics and perhaps a video in this thread.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 02:56AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

ok, i will be waiting to help you out.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 02:58AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Added picture
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 03:03AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

it seems aligned. are you holding the focus ring while trying to take it out?
you have to push until that "gap" (3 mm) between the plastic of the composer and the optic is "filled" and then you rotate.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 03:06AM by sr patife.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by Kirsten (Admin) April 23, 2013 03:52AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Hold the Composer firmly in place, turn the optic all the way forward, pop out the front, and then press it in and turn counter clockwise. Give me a ring if you can't get it out.
971-223-5662

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 04:02AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Yup i am holding the focus ring as well, in the video it seems as the optics and the composer clics or that there is some momentum or resistance (a pop?) in the turnkng, for me there seems to be no such thing. Perhaps i'm doing something terribly wrong?
I woyld like to call, but its quite a longdistance call as im am living in sweden.

If i manage i will link to a video of me trying to remove the optics.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 04:11AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Oh, and i would by now have retuned to my retailer asking for help if they wheren't 800km away from me, a bit too loong of a walk for me :)
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 04:13AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

had you experienced this with other optics? Make the video to see if your doing it right.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 04:26AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Hi again.
To answer the question shortly, no. I changed from the sweet 35 just yesterday to this new edge 80. Video otw.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 05:00AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Video:
[db.tt]
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 05:03AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

leave the optic on 2.8 aperture and press it on the lower part of the optic.
also, when you use the focus ring, doest the optic go inside the Composer? doesnt seem to be broken from the video you uploaded

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 05:08AM by sr patife.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 05:12AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

check this [youtu.be]

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 05:12AM by sr patife.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 05:22AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Yotoube won't lét me see the video, its private :)
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 05:23AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

sorry, fixed

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 05:32AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Still no, still says private
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 05:37AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hold on...uploading somewhere else

UPDATE: check here [docs.google.com]

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 05:39AM by sr patife.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 05:52AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Got it, so...if i understood it right i should press lower on the optic and maby harder? And keepin the apeture ring at 2.8. I will try this in the morning, thanks alot and good night
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by sr patife April 23, 2013 05:56AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

yes, you must leave the aperture at 2.8 push and rotate counter clockwise.
hope it all goes well. if not try contacting Kirsten or your retailer if the swap system on the composer is broken (highly doubt it, but its possible). let us know how it goes.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 03:17PM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
It doesnt work, i have let others try as well. I will continue trying through the day but it is starting to feel hopeless. The composer and the edge isnt bought at the same retailer and the warranty on the composer is long since gone. I'm tired now but mostly sad if theese things are broken - it's quite a bit of money i have spent and to what ends it feels bitter right now.

I am honestly heartbroken over this as the text above might reflect.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 03:31PM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
video: [www.youtube.com]

Trying again, am i still doing it wrong?
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by Kirsten (Admin) April 23, 2013 03:50PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

f 2.8 to install and f 22 to remove

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 23, 2013 04:14PM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
When putting it at f22 to remove it's the same - of course i have just tried a bit and will continue afer some coffe. But it just "spins".
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by Keri (Admin) April 24, 2013 02:30AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Hey Tom - just seeing this thread now but the one suggestion I don't see in earlier responses is - have you made sure your Composer's locking ring is tightened down? If it's not, compressing the Edge 80 to get it to turn and release can just result in everything moving around a bit. That would be the one other thing I can think of - making sure the Composer is locked down tight and pointed straight ahead.

If that doesn't work, as Kirsten invited you above, please call us at Customer Happiness!

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by tomfolly April 24, 2013 04:00AM reply | quote
posted by tomfolly
Hi and thx.
I will try that as well, but i have spoken with kirsten at length by mail and i will get my composer and edge 80 replaced since it seems to be stuck and in need of repairs.

Great customer service Kirsten and many thx to. Lensbabya et al.
Hereafter my post will hopefully only concern photos, my own and others tanken with the lovely lensbabies :D
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by khyber June 01, 2013 11:22AM reply | quote
posted by khyber
I have an edge 80 that is stuck as well but with mine the markings on the optic and the lens body don't come close to aligning for removal. as you can see in the photo this is as far as it goes at f22 and the markings are way off. any suggestions?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2013 11:25AM by khyber.
Re: Edge 80 stuck in composer posted by RHWeiner July 16, 2013 01:44AM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

I too was having similar issues but can't remember if it was the 80 or 35. In any case I decided to be brutish about it and reefed on the sucker. No 'SNAP','CRACK' or 'POP' so I guess it's still okay. From now on...extra care in inserting or withdrawing on these optics.

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA
1 2 3

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today