Latest Post

8 minutes ago by jffoto

Re: Fly Away (4)

view post

Building photography

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Building photography posted by adwb April 12, 2013 05:25PM reply | quote
posted by adwb
Hi some advice please. I am thinking about buying a lensbaby to use for architectural photography to get some different effects and would appraise some advice please.

I am wondering what effect using the double glass to focus high up on a spot on a building would have as far as adding or removing keystone effect?

I know it can be removed in PS so it is not a issue ,just a question prior to purchase.

The other option that might be interesting I think would be the edge 80 , if I rotate to get the edge line to run vertically up the frame? How bad a keystone effect would that cause?
Re: Building photography posted by sr patife April 12, 2013 09:34PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hello adwb.

what type of architectural photography are you doing? indoors, far away from the building?

About the Double Glass Optic, a sweet spot on the top of frame will result in a heavy blur in the lower part of the frame (blur depends of the aperture your using). My opinion for what you want a 50mm optic isnt the best, maybe with the Super Wide Angle, but vignette will occur.

About the Edge 80, regarding the keystone effect im not sure what you want to achieve. if you use a vertical slice of focus, obviously you will have keystone effect and correcting it on post production might be weird, since you will have a large blur on the lower part of the photo and a thin blur on the upper part.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Building photography posted by adwb April 13, 2013 12:30AM reply | quote
posted by adwb
My thought about the buildings was for out doors and not for any real purpose other than to try make a specific feature or decoration stand out rather than using photoshop to blur the parts not part of the particular feature.

I was not wanting to create or correct keystoning I was just wondering how much keystone distortion would be introduced or removed by trying to use a double or edge on a building

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 12:31AM by adwb.
Re: Building photography posted by sr patife April 14, 2013 10:53PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

check this [lensbaby.com] might help you regarding the keystone distortion issue your asking.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today