Latest Post

19 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

This forum

Newer Topic | Older Topic

This forum posted by ScottM April 09, 2013 03:35AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

I remember a time just a couple of years ago now that this forum was very active. One would get many comments almost immediately after posting images and there would be many new posts from users every day. What happened? Now a post can sit for days with no activity. I'll admit I have been posting much less in the last year but I still love my lensbaby just as much as I always have. Maybe I do use it less frequently but I have found what I like to shoot the most with it and that is flowers and they only happen in spring. I'd love to read what others think.
Scott
Re: This forum posted by Duh_Vinci April 09, 2013 05:46AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Scott,

I agree 100% with your observations... Particularly regarding the "General" section of the forum. Personally, I have a little bit of a hard time understanding a need for this section - how it is split from the "Show And Tell"

It seems that the folks that have been here for a while, somehow prefer to post in General, but majority of post somehow end up in Show And Tell section... Should there really be two? Both of them for posting photos?

On the side note, I too still love my lensbabies, and still gets 80% used or better... Be it on m43, Pentax or Nikon bodies.

Regards,
D
Re: This forum posted by TG-J (Admin) April 09, 2013 11:30PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Maybe it has something to do with facebook. It is a real art doing "selfies" with a LB .(sarcasm) Personally , I just haven't been taking photos. I still drop in to see what U guys are doing at least 2 or 3 times a week. Sometimes I comment , sometimes I don't. But i am always admiring your work. :) tony

Ps, it is autumn here , but then here in the tropics we have autumn flowers and winter flowers . So that really is a bad excuse for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 11:35PM by TG-J.
Re: This forum posted by sr patife April 10, 2013 05:45AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

I agree with Tony, social networks are much more intuitive and easy for casual users to use than a forum. but a forum, the information stays there easily organized, while in FB people wont scroll to two months ago to check what happened.
The forum definitely needs a new organization, two/three categories is more than enough. Challenges like in the past might boost more posts and new users. the upload method could be better (i hate to resize all my photos).
Sometimes users dont comment on someone topic, because they dont fell pleased by the photos and prefer to omit their opinion, in my point of view, any feedback positive or negative is always welcome.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: This forum posted by saskwatch April 10, 2013 11:40AM reply | quote
posted by saskwatch
I check in occasionally. I find this site a bit frustrating as the four boards don't seem to make sense to me. The way I see things all the regular photos should be in Show and Tell - but lots of them finish up here! A special place for questions makes sense and so does a place for shots that can be critiqued more fully.
Re: This forum posted by ScottM April 10, 2013 02:40PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

I like the feedback and agree with it all. LB should revamp the site and offer up challenges of their own. Not with prizes but recognition for the winner in a blog or on this website.
Scott
Re: This forum posted by Mamaoval April 13, 2013 01:05AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

I agree with you guys--I use my Lensbabies (especially the Fisheye) so much, but don't come here as often. I've noticed that the Favorites section doesn't list the names of the members, (so you can't visit their Gallery to see more of their work). I don't use Facebook as a venue, but have commented on people's work. One thing I like about My Shot, in NationalGeographic, is they have the Daily Dozen. How about something like this for the Forum? I think it would breathe new life into it. Facebook doesn't do this for me.

Sydney
Re: This forum posted by Outback April 13, 2013 08:29AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

TG-J
Personally , I just haven't been taking photos. I still drop in to see what U guys are doing at least 2 or 3 times a week. Sometimes I comment , sometimes I don't. But i am always admiring your work. :) tony

I'm in the same boat as Tony. In my case my photography came to an abrupt halt when I took a promotion a year ago January. I don't think I've had more than a half dozen outings with my camera in the past 16 months. But when I go out I still shoot my LB. I do look over the shoulders of those who post and infrequently comment.

Hi Syd!I like your Daily Dozen idea.
Re: This forum posted by Kirsten (Admin) April 23, 2013 05:11AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

I am guilty of not posting in here and I actually posted today before I saw this. Facebook has taken a lot of people away from forums and blogs. I look here often and promise to post more often ;-)
Keep the ideas coming... we love new ideas

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: This forum posted by ranfoto April 24, 2013 04:48AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

The Lensbaby Forum has lost it's "Original" purpose....it's so slick now that's become boring....sorry to say !

I checked out the Google hangout with Craig and Kirsten,
nice to see they are still real .....that's what this Forum is missing....chatting about life and Bending our "Babies".

I've noticed that many ask questions, new Benders, but the question go unanswered.....in the old days of this forum those questions got so many responses....I hope it's not going to be said, "the Golden days have passed' !

I am just as passionate about making aRt as I ever was, but
sharing on this Forum is just not the same anymore.....:(

There needs to be more involvement from the Lensbaby staff,
I know you're busy, but it's just as important to keep this special forum vibrant and vital .

Bending is really more about what's in your head...ideas...then the Lensbaby tools we invest in.....but
the core reason to be involved in this forum is to share how the tools are being used .....and who should know better then the founder and staff of the Lensbaby Company ?

I've posted 8000 + times here in the past, but if I don't see my friends like Ollie, AJ, Ta, Prabu, etc. then why share ?

Maybe I'm just old.....and need to see things in a new way...hee :) ?
Re: This forum posted by ScottM May 11, 2013 06:04AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Well lets see if the Lb staff makes any changes to revive this forum and make it what it used to be. Thanks for all the feedback and ideas.
Scott
Re: This forum posted by Lorna Taylor June 26, 2013 12:11AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Struggling with ongoing health problems and we just moved last month ,so I dropped out for awhile. I have not been shooting much but getting back on track and now that summer is here I am hoping to be more active on the site again . But I have noticed as well the lack of activity. I am on other sites also and they are all saying the same thing;(where did everyone go !!)so it is not just this site that is suffering.I think for many it has been a rough year globally and photography and online activity took a back seat. I am still trying to convert everyone I meet and teach photography too to own a lensbaby even if I have been little of it lately !!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today