7 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: 2E245

view post

Lensbaby fisheye

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby fisheye posted by JB March 18, 2013 08:47PM reply | quote
posted by JB
Hi All
I've been using a Holga fisheye on my Canon 350d & have just odered a Lensbaby fisheye.

I am wondering if before its arrival any of you can tell me if I will get a full circle of the photo?

My Holga fisheye has only produced a part circle...

Thanks for any info
:)
Re: Lensbaby fisheye posted by sr patife March 19, 2013 02:19AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hello JB. Canon 350D isnt a full frame camera, so you wont see a full circle on the photo, only on the corners.

quoting Lensbaby Store:
Due to the extremely wide angle of view, full frame shooters will generally see a black circle around almost the entire image, and APS-sized sensor shooters will see black at the corners of their images. This black edge is typical for standard fisheye lenses. However, the Lensbaby Fisheye Optic features a unique lens flare effect that causes the edge areas that would ordinarily be black to glow with color whenever there are bright light sources in the image. This lens flare effect is particularly apparent when shooting with a full frame camera (see butterfly and sunflower images above).

What Lensbaby body did you bought the Fisheye optic with?

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Lensbaby fisheye posted by JB March 22, 2013 02:34AM reply | quote
posted by JB
Hey - thank you for the reply - I thought that this would be the case & no probs not having a full circle in the photos.

I do however like the lens flare effect that I have been able to get with my Holga lens... is there any way of getting this with my APS-sized sensor?

A lens cover perhaps for straight on photos to get that full circle ?

I've got the composor pro so i can bend it & get a bit of a darkened circle on one side of the view.

JB :)
Re: Lensbaby fisheye posted by sr patife March 22, 2013 09:16AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hey JB. im not sure what the solution is for you to get a full circle around the image using a APS sensor.
Have fun with your new optic and show the results to us.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today