Latest Post

8 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

startup advice

Newer Topic | Older Topic

startup advice posted by ennbee March 17, 2013 04:18AM reply | quote
posted by ennbee
I must be extra slow because I am just not getting it. Got the Composer Pro with the Sweet Spot and I'll be hornswaddled if I can get the hang of this. Doing just what they said- good light, F5, focus in center, move then re-focus. Any advice from experienced users would be GREATLY appreciated.
Re: startup advice posted by sr patife March 17, 2013 04:50AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

ennbee
I must be extra slow because I am just not getting it. Got the Composer Pro with the Sweet Spot and I'll be hornswaddled if I can get the hang of this. Doing just what they said- good light, F5, focus in center, move then re-focus. Any advice from experienced users would be GREATLY appreciated.
hello, havent understood what you meant. please be specific what the problem is. i realize you arent getting the hang of it, but that isnt enough. please specific.
whats wrong? what mode are you shooting? whats your camera knowledge, basic, medium or advanced? what camera are you using and such...

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 05:12AM by sr patife.
Re: startup advice posted by ennbee March 17, 2013 08:49PM reply | quote
posted by ennbee
I am shooting in aperature mode on an Olympus E5 @ 4 or 5.6 with a composer pro with sweet 35. As instructed I am starting with the lens pointed straight ahead, focusing, then move camera & bend LB to where I would like the sweet spot & refocus but I'm not seeing clearly delineated sweet spot in image. I would say my camera knowledge is medium. Thanks for your help
Re: startup advice posted by sr patife March 17, 2013 09:42PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi again, with that info is more easier.
do you have your eyecup diopter adjusted as recommended?
I would recomend shoting in Manual, its its too bright, use faster shutter speeds. its a bit of trial and error to get pratice, it has its learning curve, but its not that hard. try with still object first, from there you can try to shot action.
hope it helps

Also keep in mind that a higher aperture (f22) you get less blur and a bigger sweet spot of focus, with a lower aperture (f2) the blur will be larger and a smaller sweet spot of focus

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today