14 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

what do i buy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

what do i buy posted by angbeee March 04, 2013 08:55AM reply | quote
posted by angbeee
hi
Ive just come across the lensbaby and im in love.
I use a Nikon 7000 and really dont know where to start with all this. I WANT ONE lol. Where do u recommend i start with all this, what should i purchse and what do i need...
Do i Buy a kit, what lense do i start with, what a good all rounder??
Help, I really need to purchase one of these babies, i love them all :)

Whats ur fav lens and accesories?
Re: what do i buy posted by sr patife March 04, 2013 09:21PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi angbeee, it all depends of what kind of photography your willing to do.
But in my opinion, the best combination in my opinion is Composer Pro with the Sweet 35 or Edge 80 optic. If you want creative apertures and dont mind changing apertures manualy with the apertures rings, you can use the double glass optic, and if searching for a determined look on your photos, like holga (use the plastic optic), pinhole, etc, you can go for the other available choices.

I love all the optics, accessories because they give different looks and feels.

If you be more precise, i can help you with a more accurate description of what would be the best initial match for you.
Re: what do i buy posted by ranfoto May 05, 2013 05:16AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

I feel starting with a Baby Spark would be the most fun for a new Bender....you can add optics and conversion lenses to change the viewpoint .

If you love the way your images turn out then go on a buying spree....if it's not love, then.... you can sell and someone else can try finding love with your used Sparker !

Most of us old Benders started out with the "Original" Lensbaby and we're still pretty much in love with our ol' Baby . :)

Well....I am ! Warning it is addictive .
Re: what do i buy posted by beyond_Life May 06, 2013 07:32AM reply | quote
posted by beyond_Life
Ive started with Lensbaby a few weeks ago and I got myself a Composer Pro with a Double Glass and a fisheye. And now Im sitting here being extremely happy.

But it all depends on what you want. Every optic has its own funny thing you can play with. Personally, I dont like the zone plate optic and I loooooove the Double Glass. I also realy like the fisheye, but its not usable for something like stock. My fisheye pictures are being rejected one by one because of the edges of the topic not being sharp, and light shining in the body. But hey, thats something that made lensbaby famous: the artistic feel and look to it.

So it all depends on what you want to get with it. Take your time to check every optic out. Just check your local retailer and ask them if you can try it out on your camera. Thats how I made my choice.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today