Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by PBlais

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Optic Swap accessory kit (plastic, single, pinhole) & soft focus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Optic Swap accessory kit (plastic, single, pinhole) & soft focus posted by paul13walnut5 February 08, 2013 09:50PM reply | quote
posted by paul13walnut5
Hi folks

New poster with a quick question.

I want to try the accessory lenses for video, but as video has a fixed shutter speed (or less control over shutter at least) I need to know my aperture options with the add on optics..

Can you use the aperture discs with the plastic and single glass optics for example?

Do these lenses have a 37mm thread like my double optic in my composer? (this would let me use my vari-ND)

Many thanks in advance.

Paul
Re: Optic Swap accessory kit (plastic, single, pinhole) & soft focus posted by sr patife February 08, 2013 10:09PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hello, you can use the apertures with all of the optics (except the Edge 80 and the sweet 35).

Regarding the thread, the Wide Angle and the Tele have a 46mm thread (but with these you can stick you filter between the optic and the lens). With the Super Wide Angle, you cant use the filter in between the optic and the lens, so you have to use an adapter in front of the lens. It has a 52 mm thread.

You can just buy a step up adapter on ebay, and use your regular filter (58mm). At least was what i done (a 46mm to 58mm). You just made me realize i need to buy a 52mm-58mm. They are cheap on ebay, 1 dollar or such.

By the way, if your using Canon, i recommend using the Magic Latern for video on your DSLR.

hope it helps
Re: Optic Swap accessory kit (plastic, single, pinhole) & soft focus posted by paul13walnut5 February 08, 2013 11:41PM reply | quote
posted by paul13walnut5
Is the thread on the optics 37mm like on the compsoser kit optic?

Cheers
Re: Optic Swap accessory kit (plastic, single, pinhole) & soft focus posted by sr patife February 09, 2013 02:15AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

yes they are.
Double glass, single glass, plastic, zoneplate/pinhole, soft optic are all 37 mm.
edge 80 and the sweet 35 are 46 mm.
the fisheye doesnt have a thread.

but keep in mind if your gonna use a different thread on the 37mm optics (like 46,52 or 58mm) you will have to own the lensbaby step up, or use a double filter so that the optic can go backwards inside the composer when your focusing.

hope it helps

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today