Latest Post

8 hours ago by Marisa Bennett

How do I...

view post

Composer and Edge 80

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Composer and Edge 80 posted by Ecniv February 05, 2013 06:38AM reply | quote
posted by Ecniv
Will the Edge 80 work on the composer? Or is it only the Pro that it will work with?

Thanks in advance
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by sr patife February 05, 2013 05:40PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

it will work on the Composer.
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by Ecniv February 06, 2013 04:27PM reply | quote
posted by Ecniv
Brilliant! Thanks!
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by pknopper March 15, 2013 05:56AM reply | quote
posted by pknopper
I just started with composer-tilt transformer and macro kit for Sony NEX, and would like to use Edge 80. There was a note that to use Edge 80 with tilt transformer I would have to use the macro ring, how does this work?
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by sr patife March 15, 2013 06:11AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi pknopper. edge 80 requires the macro converters to work with mirrorless cameras to maintain the focal lenght. you MUST have the Composer Focus Front to attach the macro converters are attachment with the lensbaby swap system in between the tilt transformer.

more info here

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by pknopper March 15, 2013 06:42AM reply | quote
posted by pknopper
OK, I think I see why now that I look at the length of the 80 and 35 optics. But do I just use the 8mm converter to increase the depth or what? And if I use both 8 and 16 together do I get any macro effect with the edge 80?
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by pknopper March 15, 2013 06:46AM reply | quote
posted by pknopper
Actually, I should have asked about the order of mounts. The composer unit attaches first, then the tilt transformer, then the macro converter (8mm or 16mm or both?) then the 35 or 80 optic. Is this correct?
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by sr patife March 15, 2013 07:25AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

you cant buy the 8mm or the 16mm individually, they are sold in a pack that includes both. i am not sure if the focus length will be correct with just the 8 or the 16mm (probably with both stacked). Cant find accurate info about that or that if you can get macro abilities with those attached in a mirrorless.

regarding the mount, the order is:
Camera + Tilt transformer + composer focus front + macro converters + edge 80 or sweet 35

do you own the composer focus front?

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by pknopper March 15, 2013 09:02AM reply | quote
posted by pknopper
Well, I have the composer for NEX with tilt transformer, so I assume the "composer focus front" is the part that holds the double glass optic that came with it. I can remove the focus part and mount a Nikon lens, or use the focus part with the double glass optic. So I purchased the 8/16 mm macro converters as a pair to use with the double glass optic. Now I was trying to decide whether the 35 or 80 mm optics will work with my setup. It looks like the length of the 35 and 80 optics are longer than the double glass optic, so a spacer (the macro converter is needed for that. I did not want to buy the 80 only to find that it would not work with the assembly I have...
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by sr patife March 15, 2013 10:25AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

yes the composer focus front is that front part you attach in between the double glass optic and the tilt transformer.
the reason you must use the macro converters in your setup is to maintain the focus length.

therefore with your set up you can use the edge 80 and sweet 35,both work with the gear you have.

The only doubt i have, is if you can use the macro abilities with it. Email keith or Keri @ lensbaby, im sure they can confirm if its possible or not.

hope i was helpful

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Composer and Edge 80 posted by pknopper March 15, 2013 01:24PM reply | quote
posted by pknopper
Thanks for staying with the problem...and thanks for the tip regarding who can confirm the details. I usually find the best answers from other users...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today